PDA

View Full Version : All I wanted was a brewski...

SilverBullets
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
What the heck is going on??? I don't drink alcohol, but I do like a good beer every now and then (Root Beer that is.) I went to our local A&W yesterday to get a good buzz on. Guess what...the keg was full of Mug Root Beer!!!crymeariver I couldn't believe it when the gal at the counter asked if Mug was ok, said her boss didn't want to go through his supplier for the good stuff! I look around and there's advertisements all over the walls for A&W Root Beer. Am I asking too much? What the heck is going on???:confused:

SuperD
04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Mug kicks A&W a$$. fencing

Actually, another site I visit had a list of the top voted root beers out there and there were a lot I'd never heard of. Mug is my favorite mass produced root beer and Henry Weinhards is my favorite premium root beer.

Kokanee Killer
04-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Barqs rootbeer is a good one here on the east coasttongue2

SuperD
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know the source of the poll but here is the list I mentioned.

The 10 Best Root Beers in America in order, are:

1. Gale’s, Chicago, Illinois (8.94)
2. Bulldog, Fresno, California (8.81)
2. 21st Street Drive-In, Paso Robles, California (8.81)
4. Gene's Root Beer, Anderson, Indiana (8.75)
4. Route 66 Malt Shop, Albuquerque, New Mexico (8.75)
4. Sycamore Drive-In, Bethel, Connecticut (8.75)
7. Americana, Redmond, Washington (8.69)
7. XXX, Issaquah, Washington (8.69)
9. Henry Weinhard, Tumwater, Washington (8.63)
9. Maid-rite, Springfield, Illinois (8.63)
9. Mug N' Bun, Indianapolis, Indiana (8.63)
9. Sprecher Breweries, Glendale, Wisconsin (8.63)

SilverBullets
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks SuperD! Looks like I've got some taste testing to do. Mug is not that bad, but it's the thought that when you go into a place you kinda expect their product when they advertise it inside and out....violin

MMDON
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Man, nothing (Root Beer that is) smells better than a frosty glass of A&W. I was heart broken when they closed our A&W.
crymearivercrymearivercrymeariver

SilverBullets
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I know what you mean MMM! thumbsup The A&W signs have since disappeared from this place, and now it's called "Bud's Burgers" (or something like that)...What the heck is going on? crymearivercrymearivercrymeariver

MMDON
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
That's what happened here and then "Bud" didn't last very long. I'd kill for a big frosty much of A&W Root Beer and a couple of Corn Dogs with good ole yellow mustard or maybe a Papa Burger and Fries!crymearivercrymearivercrymeariver

Kokaholic
07-08-2009, 11:57 PM
WE still have a good share of Aand W's down this way. Yep, I really enjoy that cold mug of root bear myself. and occasionally, some ice cream with itworthy12

Full_Monte
07-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Man, nothing (Root Beer that is) smells better than a frosty glass of A&W. I was heart broken when they closed our A&W.
crymearivercrymearivercrymeariver

Until last year, we had an A&W within a block of our house. On hot summer days, we'd walk over ahd have a mug of Root Beer Float. That was Goooood!
The ownership changed hands several years earlier and the new owners were from Asia and barely spoke English. Anyway, they started futzing with things and put some noodle dishes on the menu. It was disconcerting to see these dishes advertised on the windows and inside the drive-in. It went downhill from there. Too bad. It's a bit of Americana I miss.