PDA

View Full Version : Rubber snubbers

Big Al
04-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you use rubber snubbers when fishing for kokes. I know that they make the long light rods that lots of people have been trying lately. I still use them if Im using a 8" flashers. I put the snubber between the dodger and the lure. If im using the smaller dodgers I just set my drag light. Just want to see what everone else is doing.

Kokaholic
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I have never used them. I like the 7'6" rods that we have out through Lamiglas and they do the trick. The new Red Lami's with the Jared Johnson signature will be the trick at the gorge this year.

SilverBullets
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't use them. Like you said a light limber rod works great. It seems the snubber would deaden the contact with the terminal tackle, and kill the action of the lure.

Bduck
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I once used them and they served there purpose. Times have changed and so has my way of fishing. The newer rods today make up for the snubber. I still have a couple in my tackle. Thats for someone who may need them while fishing in my boat.

SuperD
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Don't have to worry about birth control anymore. laugh hyst laugh hyst

jzell
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
"The newer rods...."

Today's "Kokanee rods" is your subber....not need to add one.

jz

Nice one Super D

Polar Bear
04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
another question I don't have to ask thumbsup

Fallriverguy
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
IMHO, just say no to rubber snubbers. I use 000 dodgers and some that are 8" long and never use a snubber. I don't feel my hook to land ratio suffers compared to using a 0000 dodger. My drag is set light and I free spool often using my thumb as my drag.

halojm
04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Well I guess enough has been said about the new poles we have out. They are outstanding and yu don't need to use a snubber wth them. There are still individuals who use lead line that would need a stubber, but if you have riggers, light line, and the rigt pole and reel, stubbers are a thing of the past. Try making a sling shot out of them.laugh hyst

ImHooked
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I used them many years ago but with the new rods that are out now there really is no need. I have been using the Rogue Kokanee rods for a couple of years now and have been extremely happy.thumbsup

IH