PDA

View Full Version : My Anniversary

Bduck
04-21-2009, 03:20 AM
On April 20, it gave me another year towards my retirement. I have now got officially 35 yrs federal service time. I'm about to break out of prison. nananana

Kokaholic
04-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Good on ya B duck! need a hack saw?

SuperD
04-21-2009, 01:17 PM
What's your magic number? Losing 50% of my 401k over te lst couple years didn't change my end date, it just means I'll be poorer when I get there. 7 more years for me. violin

Bduck
04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
My target is this year but going to see if gov't is going to make any offerings. If so, look to be gone by 1 Oct. If not, I'll stretch it 1 more year, but thats it.

bobco
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
congrats on the years, I got 12 to go, just got an email that our pension fund went from 96% funded to 62% this week, maybe longer than 12 if that doesnt recover :)

Kokanee Killer
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
tongue2hey b duck congrats on the jailbreak you also blessed us this time with great weather on sat,, i also posted some pics from sat also on non kokanee reports again thanks weather wizardthumbsup

Petty4life
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
if i retire at 67 I have 35 yrs left. crymeariver:mad:crymearivercrymeariver

Bduck
04-23-2009, 12:07 PM
When you think of retirement, your giving up a way of life that you have done for so many years just to quit and go back to work. The only thing I want to work on is a little relaxation, a little beer and a lot of my boat. I'm tempted in pulling the camper out to a campground somewhere and just leaving it. That way I can show up at my leisurely. Wettin' lines is what its about now. A plan always sounds good. :rolleyes:

SuperD
04-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Having had dirt poor parents, their retirement meant watching paint peel. They have been a huge motivation in my money management growing up. I so didn't want my retirement life to be spent like them. God can change all our plans with an unexpected health issue but at this point, my camper is going to be parked next to Bduck's. thumbsup

redmanjr1
04-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Congrats Bduck and thank you for your service. 35 years is a long time in the aircraft (especially fighter aircraft) business and I know how it can sometimes wear on you. I'm coming up on 27 years myself. I still have two more years with the military but I won't completely retire after that (even though my wife wants me too). I still need to make a little extra to pay my fishing and hunting bills.

Bob

Bduck
04-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Congrats Bduck and thank you for your service. 35 years is a long time in the aircraft (especially fighter aircraft) business and I know how it can sometimes wear on you. I'm coming up on 27 years myself. I still have two more years with the military but I won't completely retire after that (even though my wife wants me too). I still need to make a little extra to pay my fishing and hunting bills.

Bob Thanks Bob, Your service as a military member is not to go un-noticed. Sometimes we can't thank our troops enough for there outstanding patriotic duties they perform for our country. Every Friday at Hill AFB, we wear a red color shirt in support of our troops. The best in this world is owned by the UNITED STATES. God Bless our Troops.

redmanjr1
04-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks Bduck.