PDA

View Full Version : jzell thinks kokes R slimey

jzell
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Kokeheads,

Fancy meeting you here.

Gotta new scent combo to try this year: Vanilla + Maple Syrup.

Whatya think?

jz

ps....givin' it a go in May.

twisted lines
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Don't know about that combo, but add some sausage and I bet my wife would try it!
PS: your right its too early!.. At least it was at Suttle, Oh and bring the abuse they seam to like it here. laugh hyst

SilverBullets
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Welcome aboard John! Have any trouble finding the place? I know you'll enjoy it here...were all just a bunch of kokanee freaks ...just like yourself! thumbsup Welcome home!

HiTechKoke
04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Kokeheads,

Fancy meeting you here.

Gotta new scent combo to try this year: Vanilla + Maple Syrup.

Whatya think?

jz

ps....givin' it a go in May.

There are plenty of Koke addicts in the Kalyfornia derby circuit that I know have been know to experiment with way too many secret sauces like that. Try it out... you may be surprised. thumbsup

Kevin

SilverBullets
04-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey Jzell...ya might even think about spreading some of that maple syrup on those new flap jack's your going to be dragging around this year!

jzell
04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Man, I got so much new stuff to try. Guess they'll be many trips this summer. Glad gas prices are better this summer.

So hey guys, how long have you known of this site and nobody said anything?

Was it something I said, didn't say, or kept to myself?:rolleyes:

twisted lines
04-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Man, I got so much new stuff to try. Guess they'll be many trips this summer. Glad gas prices are better this summer.

So hey guys, how long have you known of this site and nobody said anything?

Was it something I said, didn't say, or kept to myself?:rolleyes:

Found it searching for Da lure in the box laugh hyst and if the replacements are Blue, you should see the paint jobs Silver bullets doe's

jzell
04-20-2009, 01:34 PM
What about Corn Syrup? Duh!

Or molasses.

Spend a little time at the grocery store and if the main ingredient is a form of sugar....bingo....possible scent combo ingredient.

jz

Fallriverguy
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Molasses is the one I want to try this year.

Kokonuts
04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the Best Kokanee Forum Ever!! Really glad you found it!

Ok I know its still early but with weather like this it wont be long!
I'll be fishing at Merwin most every weekend this season so I hope to see you up there. thumbsup...Kokonuts

SilverBullets
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
What about Corn Syrup? Duh!

Or molasses.

Spend a little time at the grocery store and if the main ingredient is a form of sugar....bingo....possible scent combo ingredient.

jz

I read a post once where a guy was getting his corn ready and wanted to scent it and dye it pink. What he ended up useing worked...the nectar out of the wife's hummingbird feeder! thumbsup

jzell
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow! I've been slowly reading thru the general section and there are some GREAT discussions there. I have an idea or two for that area but want to make sure if hasn't been covered....stay tuned.

KFF rocks!

jz

Kokonuts
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Soooooo, Has anyone tried Frozen Corn? Is it Fresher? How about Cream Corn? The wife says it has sugar in it.
She also use's 4 parts water to 1 part sugar for the Humming Birds, maybe we'll start a new revolution!!!

thumbsup........Kokonuts

BlackTalon
04-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. Frozen would be easier to store and make last.

Evan Harris

DLM
04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Soooooo, Has anyone tried Frozen Corn? Is it Fresher? How about Cream Corn? The wife says it has sugar in it.
She also use's 4 parts water to 1 part sugar for the Humming Birds, maybe we'll start a new revolution!!!

thumbsup........Kokonuts

I have tried freezing corn I did not use on one trip and using it on another. It was a little mushy and did not stay on the hook as well. I think if I had used some corn cure on it first it may have worked well.

SilverBullets
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I just use canned Shoepeg. After draining off all the liquid, I take out what I need for 3 or 4 different scent batches. I then freeze the drained corn that's left over. I do use corn cure in every batch like dlm mentioned...just a sprinkle to keep it from spoiling and firm it up a bit. I make up new batches every 2 weeks. One thing to make it last longer is to keep it in the cooler while out on the water, and get it in the refrigerator as soon as you get home. HiTechKoke had a great suggestion...when dyeing the corn, dye first, then scent. The dye penetrates better before the oils are added.

Fallriverguy
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
I have not had good luck with frozen corn after I have added scent. What I might try this year is fresh corn that has been blanched.

Kokonuts
04-24-2009, 09:03 AM
I was thinking of starting out with a package of FROZEN corn, I saw at the store the other day. It was White corn but it didnt say Shopeg so I didnt buy it, Kokes are very picky you know!...laugh hyst .....My wife says its fresher so what do you guys think?

jzell...I saw where you posted a small picture of a very special lure for Kokes, something about only getting them in Utah soooo what is it?????? worthy12..........My guess is the Ospery from Rocky Mountain........Thanks Kokonuts

jzell
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Good guess koko...until recently you could only buy them in Utah. RMT purchased the product, is selling out the current inventory, and will be comin out with his own color combos.

Kokonuts
04-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks.......RMT had a special on this forum & I bought several! Cant wait to trythem at Merwin!!! thumbsup