PDA

View Full Version : Another Rockport Lake Day 4-19-2009

Bduck
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
By the time I got there, the boat had a heavy layer of frost on it. When I left, it was in the mid 60's. Caught 2browns @ 2lbs ea. & 1bow about 3lbs. a lot of debris floating after last weeks storm. Several fish taken from others as well.

SilverBullets
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the report Bduck. If you fished today it's no wonder it was cold out...what time did you get out on the water? I noticed you posted a post at 2:26 A.M. this morning...did you get up that early to go fishing? Those are some great looking fish...way to go! thumbsup

Bduck
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the report Bduck. If you fished today it's no wonder it was cold out...what time did you get out on the water? I noticed you posted a post at 2:26 A.M. this morning...did you get up that early to go fishing? Those are some great looking fish...way to go! thumbsup
I've been on my death bed most of the week with one foot in the grave. I was up too early because of the medications I'm on. Original plan was to go to the Gorge saturday but thats too far for my health 3hrs up & 3hrs back. Since I felt better, I couldn't let a nice day like today go by without wettin' a line so I stayed local. I started the week with bronchitis & within 2 days I had pneumonia. With me, its hard for me to stay down. First hint I get, I will go do something. Next weekend will be another local trip but in 2 weeks I will attempt another day trip to the Gorge. By the way, I was on the water at daybreak. I'm old school, don't like to waste fishing time. Its SUCKS getting sick.

Kokanee Killer
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
bduck , great report and better yet ya feel better just to let you know,, i had a banner day yesterday steelie fishing my buddy polar bear one of my best late late season steelie trips in years,, so you didnt jinx me lol lol ,,,,this time

Bduck
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
bduck , great report and better yet ya feel better just to let you know,, i had a banner day yesterday steelie fishing my buddy polar bear one of my best late late season steelie trips in years,, so you didnt jinx me lol lol ,,,,this time Fantastic Kokanee Killer. Got any Pic's of your gold mine? movie89586

HiTechKoke
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I am seeing more and more of those red JJ rods in people pictures, assuming that is what I see..... mine got a workout on trout and Kokes yesterday and I really like them. Tks for the report.

Bduck
04-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I am seeing more and more of those red JJ rods in people pictures, assuming that is what I see..... mine got a workout on trout and Kokes yesterday and I really like them. Tks for the report. Yep, those are the one and only JJ RODS. Doing a fine job at that.

SilverBullets
04-20-2009, 12:28 AM
I've been on my death bed most of the week with one foot in the grave. I was up too early because of the medications I'm on. Original plan was to go to the Gorge saturday but thats too far for my health 3hrs up & 3hrs back. Since I felt better, I couldn't let a nice day like today go by without wettin' a line so I stayed local. I started the week with bronchitis & within 2 days I had pneumonia. With me, its hard for me to stay down. First hint I get, I will go do something. Next weekend will be another local trip but in 2 weeks I will attempt another day trip to the Gorge. By the way, I was on the water at daybreak. I'm old school, don't like to waste fishing time. Its SUCKS getting sick.

I hope you get feeling better real soon...take care...the fish can wait for you! I'll be looking forward to your upcoming reports from the Gorge. thumbsupthumbsup