PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming license?

SuperD
04-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Can I buy a Wyoming fishing license online?

Kokaholic
04-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Not that I am aware of. I think what you will need to do is buy a Utah non res and then by your Wyo reciprocal stamp when you get up here.

FishHunter
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
It is cheaper to buy the Utah non-resident license and then buy the Wyoming reciprocal stamp when you get there, especially if you are staying more than a couple days. I buy my Utah license online every year.

SuperD
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I bought the Utah license but it said the recip. stamp was for Wyoming residents only.

Big Al
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
You will have to get a Wyo. Stamp in Wyo. BuckBoard has them I think or any of the places in RockSpring has them.

FishHunter
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I bought the Utah license but it said the recip. stamp was for Wyoming residents only.

It must be a misprint. I buy one every year at Buckboard or Lucerne marina.

SuperD
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Has anyone gotten their 2009 licenses yet? I fear Wyoming figured out they were losing money in this deal and changed it.

Big Al
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
You can still fish the Wyo. Side If you have a Utah L and get a Wyo stamp. You can get a stamp at buckBoard or in GreenRiver or RockSprings.

SuperD
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, I figured it out. The reciprocal stamp shown on the Utah site was for Wyoming residents to fish the Utah side.

Bduck
04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
The Utah fishing guiebook explains if you buy a licence from Utah, you can fish Utah only. If you want to fish Wyoming side, you must purchase a Wyoming reciprocal stamp. Same goes for having a Wyoming license & Utah reciprocal stamp. http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2009_fishing/

KOKANEE
04-15-2009, 11:28 AM
We buy ours at the Chevron in Manila. I have even bought them at the Maverik in Mountain view while taking a pit stop.

Kokaholic
04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
The Maverick in Mt View has them, along with your Forest servce pass to use the marinas to launch and park. You can get them at the Acr hardware in Green river if your coming from that direction also.

Petty4life
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
you can also get what you need at lucern marina

TroutScout
04-25-2009, 10:05 PM
If I buy an annual non-resident Utah license, can I purchase the Wyoming reciprocal stamp, or do you have to be a resident of Utah to qualitfy for the reciprocal Wyoming stamp?

Bduck
04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Flaming Gorge Reservoir
To fish across state lines at Flaming Gorge, you must have a valid fishing license from one state and a reciprocal fishing permit from the other state. For example, if you buy a Utah resident or nonresident fishing license, you can fish the Utah portion of Flaming Gorge. After buying your Utah license, if you decide you also want to fish the Wyoming portion of the reservoir, you must buy a Wyoming reciprocal fishing permit.
For more information on obtaining a Wyoming
reciprocal fishing permit, call the Wyoming Game and Fish Department at (307) 777-4600.
Utah reciprocal fishing permits are available at wildlife.utah.gov and from Utah Division of Wildlife Resources offices and license agents that sell Utah fishing licenses.
A Wyoming second-pole permit is not valid in Utah, even with a reciprocal fishing permit. A Utah second-pole permit must be purchased if you’d like to fish in Utah with two poles at the same time. Hope this explains it. This is taken from the Utah Fishing Guidebook.

TroutScout
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Bduck,

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this issue. Very well done.