PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

binthere50
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi All, Wow,....you guys are intense, I love it!. My name is Mike Martines. I live on the Central Coast of Calif. I'm a long time ocean salmon, albacore, and trout fisherman and since we cannot fish ocean salmon anymore...now I'm getting into kokanee. Just bought a brand new North Marine Seahawk (18.5) rigged with Scotty riggers, Lowrance finder, 90hp Yamaha. Ready to start learning
about your passion!....I guess my first question would be this: With all the vast array of tackle I see mentioned. I am looking to put together a starting kit for fishing Calif. Lakes...Berryessa, Melones, Don Pedro etc....I have rods coming fitted with Calcutta 100's filled with Maxima 8lb.
Now I need a good selection of dodgers, lures, squids, bugs, and whatever else would get me going in the right direction, oh, and scents...have some pro-cure stuff coming as well.
I've gotten addicted to your forum for the last few days and really enjoy seeing the enthusiasm and dedication you guys show for your sport!....I had no idea!......This is cool!!......I'll be happy to share any info concerning some trout fishing secrets I have learned over the years(Crowley Lake) and other Eastern Sierra spots. I would love to see some info on filling my tackle box with kokanee gear!......Thanks so much!.......Mike

Petty4life
04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
welcome to the site BT50, I like to see the excitement like yours about our site.

HiTechKoke
04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey binthere50 - Welcome aboard and if you are looking for tackle suggestions you better set a budget while in here... it can get overwhelming and there are so many Kokanee setups and combinations it's crazy. I tend to like a combination of Radical Glo Tubes, Hoochies (RMT) and Spinners (Uncle Larry's). You can find an awesome selection of Kokanee tackle online at Kokaneemart.com that will get you started and they are site sponsor here as well. Dodgers (Sep's, Vances, and Sling blades (RMT and Shasta Tackel) are another part that will make your head spin with the selection and colors. I'm sure others will chip in as everyone has their favorite setups.

Kevin

binthere50
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
You guys are insane!..that's a good thing. I put an order in with Kokaneemart,
and told(asked) to add and subract what I need for our Calif. lakes...
We'll see.......Thanks for the support!.........Mike

SilverBullets
04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Welcome binthere50. Hope you enjoy it here...great bunch of guys! Sounds like you got bit by the kokanee bug...pace yourself! These fish like to play with our heads from time to time...I think sometimes they really are trying to drive me insane with the different tackle combinations they prefer one minute, then something completely different the next. Most of us have got to the point of having so many lures and dodgers that we would never actually use half of them in our lifetime, but being kokanee fisherman we have to get the newest shiny things that come out every year...if you can just limit yourself to 50 lures and 20 dodgers per year you should be fine.thumbsup Your on the right track...after being bit by the bug the only way to get the swelling down is to visit Kokaneemart!

binthere50
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks.......sort of reminds me of the good ole days fishing ocean kings.
lots of stuff....