PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 4-11-09

HiTechKoke
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Went to Berryessa on Sat in search of the early season Kokes. Fellow Koke addict Big Al joined me in the adventure and we weren't disappointed. We finished with limits for two of high quality silver bullets from 15 to 16 1/2 inches that blessed us with some aerial shows and line ripping runs. We C&R'd another limits worth of Trout and King which went back to grow up and take some valuable lessons on getting hooked. It wasn't a wide open bite but when the fish were on the bite it was fast action.

All the Kokes were caught in the greater Big Island area and it was a matter of finding some pods and working them over. The fish were caught int he 30 to 50 foot range with 35 to 45 the best depth. They bit on a number of setups which included:

RMT Pink UV Super Squid Spinner
Pink Hoochie Mama
Pink Apex
Al's secret spinners (to remain a secret. :-) )
RGT in Chartreuse, and Orange / natural (the trout seemed to like these today)

A variety of dodgers were leading these rigs from sling blades in the RMT 4.25" UV Funky Frog Purple Passion and Pink Hyper to Sep's 3.0 Dodgers

Photos Attached:

Full_Monte
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Way to go, HiTech...

Your persistence is paying off with some nice fish. It's great to see you having success at it.

Fishon18
04-12-2009, 01:03 PM
HTK,

Great looking limit's you have there. Berryessa always seems to produce nice fish. Imagine what they are going to look like in June/July! Thanks for sharing..

Scott

DC18FT
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Way to go Kevin!!!! Nice looking fish for this time of year.

Bryon

Bduck
04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Great looking fish HTK. Keep them coming.

Kokanee Killer
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaan great catch ht koke cant wait till we start getting them too

Old School
04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice job HiTech,

What sents were working best for you?

I am itching to get back out there. Hopefully this Saturday.

Old school

HiTechKoke
04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice job HiTech,

What sents were working best for you?

I am itching to get back out there. Hopefully this Saturday.

Old school

Hey Old School - Scents were a smorgasboard - I always mix it up on my lures so I was using:

Kokanee Special
Carp Spit
Anise Plus
Anise Krill

And Al had garlic working.

That's just the corn scents.... then I tend to smear some gel on the lures and dodger as well, mainly the same flavors. The downsode of all this is I can't tell what the favorite flavor is most of the time. The upside is we were catching fish so it was working.

I'll likely be out their Sat as well with the family so if you see me just come by to talk. (Blue / Silver Boulton) with 115 Yamaha and T8 kicker. It will likely be the only Boulton out there in the sea of North Rivers.

Kevin

Old School
04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanx Kevin,

I decided to take the fam to the beach tomorrow. The kokes will have to wait a little longer. Good luck! I'll look forward to your report. Weather should be great!

Old School