PDA

View Full Version : Lake Billy Chinook 4/11/09

IssaquahBob
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Went to LBC this morning with eldest son. Launched around 8:30 AM and returned at 2:30 PM with a couple limits. Tried both jigging and trolling. My son got a number of hits both jigging as well as trolling a 1/2 oz crescent shaped sinker, painted with pink nail polish, sprinkled with silver glitter (both compliments of his 4-year old daughter), and armed with a treble hook. I got a nice bull trout with a similar sinker (except in dark red nail polish). For the kokes though I scored first jigging a 1/2 oz Gibbs Minnow (pink and white with a silver strip down the middle) and then trolling a number of combinations before hitting with an Apex A2 Orange Haze UV lure (#139) tipped with corn soaked in Pro-Cure Anise Plus Hot Glow Pink scent and tied behind a 4/0 Green Rainbow Luhr Jensen dodger. Used this combo to catch four of the five kokes. It was a pretty day although the wind played a little havoc with us on occasion. Hope to get back on the water just as soon as my sons and I put a couple tom turkeys in the freezer.

Wondering if anyone tried Suttle this weekend.

Fallriverguy
04-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Glad you found the fish even if you had to work a little harder for them. My friend fished Suttle and it was dead.