PDA

View Full Version : LBC or Suttle?

IssaquahBob
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm heading to Bend, OR on Wed and plan to do some koke fishing with my son. My son and I were discussing where to go (we plan to fish on Thurs & Sat). I just read FRG's report on LBC. My son was in on some of those quick limits at LBC a week or so ago but he heard the bite has dropped off. Looks like FRG found the secrets though; many congrats to him!!!!

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about whether the kokes have started biting yet at Suttle and if so, what technique/lures are being used?

Appreciate any guidance!

Fallriverguy
04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
The reports I hear from Suttle indicate the water temp is still at or below 40 F, which is too cold. The fish don't seem to get active until it warms a bit more. The good news is the boat ramp on the West end is open now.

I would stick to LBC this week and maybe Suttle next week if it does not cool down too much.

IssaquahBob
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
FRG - Thanks!!! I'll let you know how we do.

BTW, I see you are located around Bend. What store(s) do you shop at for your fishing gear? My son and I hit Joe's and the Sportsman's Warehouse but their selections are not always the best, especially with SW going through the pangs of being sold to a new company out of Canada. Are there any other good places in the Bend area for koke gear and fishing gear in general?

Fallriverguy
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
For my fishing gear I have to hunt and peck. I get some from Bi-Mart, Joe's, Sportsman's and Big R in Redmond. I also buy a lot on-line. Sportsman's still has the more complete selection even though it is getting smaller.

IssaquahBob
04-07-2009, 11:48 PM
FRG, thanks!!! I forgot about Bi-Mart. Been there but mainly for hunting ammo; I don't think I ever took a close look at their fishing tackle selection; will do so next trip.