PDA

View Full Version : Minor Boat Modifications You've Made

SuperD
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't have pictures of everything I've done but here are a few personal touches I've made.

1) Air ride seat with captain seat to back
2) Painter pole outrigger
3) Electric over hydraulic trailer brakes
4) Cooler in livewell tank
5) Cabin heater to 2 gallon tank

SuperD
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Mods Continued.

1) Waste basket with "S" hooks to hang on rail
2) Washdown hose
3) Floor mats
4) Fuse Block
5) Trailer guide spacer

Silver Streak
04-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Nice additions Dave...I need to add some air/spring ride seats to my jetboat...my kidneys/lower back are killing me! Where did you purchase the air ride seats...from Bently directly??

SuperD
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice additions Dave...I need to add some air/spring ride seats to my jetboat...my kidneys/lower back are killing me! Where did you purchase the air ride seats...from Bently directly??

Go2marine.com They'll special order any color combination to meet your existing upholstery combo. Or very close to within their color options.

AFDan52
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Thats looks like some darn nice work you've done on your rig.thumbsup

Full_Monte
04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't have pictures of everything I've done but here are a few personal touches I've made.

1) Air ride seat with captain seat to back
2) Painter pole outrigger
3) Electric over hydraulic trailer brakes
4) Cooler in livewell tank
5) Cabin heater to 2 gallon tank

Good job, SuperD...
How does that Painter Pole outrigger work? Do you use it just for top-lining, or with downriggers as well?

SuperD
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
F_M,

I use it for topline. I took a DR release and screwed it to the end of a painter pole attachment and use the telescoping rod to get 12' - 13' out to the side.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8120/out1qk7.jpg

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/dave2.jpg

Lundman
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Great Mods SuperD - I was hoping you provide a little more detail on the wash-down hose. I have carpet in my boat but am interested in making a warm water sink/cleaning station using the warm water generated by my inboard motor. To wash your hands in warm water would be great on those cold morning...

SuperD
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Lundman, mine isn't warm water but the plumbing might be similiar for your application. I added a Tee to the livewell supply line with a valve to redirect the pressure to the hose. In your case, you'd want the valve on the side out or sink side of the tee. Since you are looking at tapping the hose after it has left the block, there hopefully shouldn't be a cooling issue.

Here you can see my tee and valve a little more clearly.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5563/spray2kj8.jpg

Full_Monte
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=SuperD;7048]F_M,

I use it for topline. I took a DR release and screwed it to the end of a painter pole attachment and use the telescoping rod to get 12' - 13' out to the side.

Thanks for the response, Super D. Looks like a good idea.

SuperD
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Thought of a new one today so I've got to stop by the hardware store on the way home. I always lose the pliers in a tray or somewhere on the floor of the boat so unhooking the next fish always requires a mad search for the pliers. I've come up with a neat place to store them so I'll fabricate a couple hangers on the stern. Photos to follow.

twisted lines
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Insulated Ice box, Separated for drinks / Kokanee but a X fishing partner of mine put kokanee on my drinks twice then laugh hyst now he fishes elsewhere

Radio That has no Music?

Forward rod holder flush mounts!

Spare but ready; rod holder that Tilts 90 degrees as needed, top, no top or travel.

SuperD
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for posting twisted, nice work. Hopefully it will get some of these other guys motivated to share. thumbsup

SuperD
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Plier storage.

Kokonuts
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
WOW! Gotta Love all the neat stuff you guys are doing!

Super D, Now I just have to start on the washdown hose, & the painters pole outriggers. thumbsup

I saw some plans to make some side planers but I think youve got a better idea. worthy12

Twisted ....How did you make the insulated ice box? Was that a storage ares on your boat?

Cant wait to see some more of this "STUFF"!........Kokonuts

SuperD
04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Twisted's ice box looks very similiar to mine. I used 1 1/2" foil faced rigid insulation and glued a piece of plexiglass to the inside face so it doesn't absorb blood and odors. I also made mine modular so it can come out easily by removing the wing nuts shown in the last picture.

twisted lines
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks; SD

Nuts; It is a fish box that gets very warm, lightly insulated over a V8, adding the insulation freezes the Ice together it has to be broken to bury fish works almost to good but it lasts for days. has to come out for big fish and I can't lock my downrigggers in that space when its in there. See you at Suttle. TL

redmanjr1
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Great stuff guys. As soon as the shrink wrap comes off my toon I'll post some pics of the structural additions I made to add my down riggers this last fall (by the time I was done I had to winterize). I also have an idea for a removable high impact plastic table that will mount to the rear rail of my pontoon boat. Made from the same stuff as cutting boards and its about a half inch thick. It will have rails to keep corn, worms and other stuff from sliding off and I'll cut some slots to hold pliers and other tools. It will also make a good spot for cleaning fish and cut bait. Can't wait to start on it.

Bob

Full_Monte
04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Insulated Ice box, Separated for drinks / Kokanee but a X fishing partner of mine put kokanee on my drinks twice then laugh hyst now he fishes elsewhere

Radio That has no Music?

Forward rod holder flush mounts!

Spare but ready; rod holder that Tilts 90 degrees as needed, top, no top or travel.

Twisted Lines,
I'm a little confused about your rod holder photos...the two last ones. It looks like a rod holder that swivels the rod tips outboard. What am I looking at?
Here's to putting the Kokanee in the correct cooler. thumbsup

DLM
04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks; SD

Nuts; It is a fish box that gets very warm, lightly insulated over a V8, adding the insulation freezes the Ice together it has to be broken to bury fish works almost to good but it lasts for days. has to come out for big fish and I can't lock my downrigggers in that space when its in there. See you at Suttle. TL

Maybe in the future Mike will have to add a boat "show and tell" segmentthumbsup

twisted lines
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Twisted Lines,
I'm a little confused about your rod holder photos...the two last ones. It looks like a rod holder that swivels the rod tips outboard. What am I looking at?
Here's to putting the Kokanee in the correct cooler. thumbsup

Spare rods that are stored behind the seat And lay down for transport or stand up for easy access! Sorry the picture dosent show too much.

vvBob
05-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Used these sun shades for the first time yesterday, they really worked GREAT
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/Shadesoninside2.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/ShadesonPortsidesmall.jpg

It was a toasty 90+ & we were very comfortable till we left at 1pm.
I have a 12v oscillating fan that I clipped on to the right support up in the corner...it was cool......thumbsup

SuperD
05-29-2009, 04:46 PM
That looks great Bob. Who did it for you? I have some custom curtain work I need done.

vvBob
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Elk Hunters wife.....She did a great job.

MackPrince
05-31-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree VV they look great!

Bduck
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
I like the sun screen idea. Is there a particular brand screen to use?

vvBob
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
She (Elk hunters wife) ordered it on line. If you Google "sun screen material" you'll get a ton of hits.

fish-on-bend
06-15-2009, 09:48 AM
1-A couple metal baskets for essential tools that you need all day: pliers, line clipper, knife, etc.

2- A leader keeper set-up. On the underside of one of my box seats I screwed some large head screws and long springs. You loop 1 end of the leader around a screw head and pull on the spring to "tension" the other end of the snap swivel or hook. Similar to those spring tension snelled hook holders that I think we all had (still have) in our tackle boxes as kids.

3- I had FishRite put a fish box in the floor with a plug on the transom to drain it. Its used mostly to store my downriggers and my extra canvas pieces.

redmanjr1
06-22-2010, 12:27 AM
SuperD, where did you get the parts for your wash down hose?

Bob