PDA

View Full Version : Lake Billy Chinook 4/4 and 4/5

Fallriverguy
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
A group of us got together to fish and Camp at Lake Billy Chinook with past weekend. After a very snowy week the weather turned nice and provided clear sunny days and cool crisp nights. I came late arriving at camp at 2:30. Reports of easy limits jigging for Kokanee were the story of the morning. With high hopes I head off to where the fish were caught earlier in the day. I surfaced jigged with no luck so put on a orange Apex and was rewarded right away. One more was caught with the Apex before finding a school near the bottom in 50 ft of water. I put on an Orange jig and pick-up my other three fish in short order. Those made for a fine dinner that night.

The next day was very slow in the morning for the people jigging. After an hour or so I switch to trolling and found an area of willing biter. I fished 5 feet of the bottom with a green bladed green bodied wedding ring. I picked up a couple of fish before going back to camp to pick-up a friend. We had three fish in the boat before either one of us could sit down. It did not take much longer to get our limits. He was using a green Apex and I used the green spinner.

Here are a few pictures. The first is looking back at the entrance to the boat ramp. The second is a picture of the silvery devils. Most were around 11 inches, but they are on the feed and should be putting on some size soon.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/LBC1.JPG

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/LBC5.JPG

SuperD
04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Gorgeous day to be on the water! Very nice.

Kokonuts
04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
It looks like you guys had a great time! Perfect weather really makes a big difference! Where did you camp?

thumbsup.....Kokonuts

SilverBullets
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Great report as always FRG! It was hard to believe how the weekend turned out after hearing about winter storm warnings a couple days earlier!

twisted lines
04-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Are those plug cut for trolling? Id bite laugh hyst

MackPrince
04-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Great work FRG!worthy12

Fallriverguy
04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Where did you camp?

We were camping at South Perry campground. It is up Metolious arm quite a ways. Most of the way is paved except for the last three miles. They just put in a very nice new boat dock at the campground.

Bduck
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Great report. Glad to see Koke season kicking in. Strawberry out here won't be thawed until the first of May approx. Looking to make plans early for a Gorge trip, maybe at least a one dayer. Staying in bow lakes for now.

ImHooked
04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Way to slay the Kokes FRGworthy12 Can't ask for a much better day than that, weather included!!!!!! Thanks for the pictures and info.

IH