PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mesa weekend

mackaddict
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
We found something pretty interesting at Blue mesa over the weekend. While setting up to troll my brother noticed a large group of fish on the surface. I told him it was probably a bunch of rainbow. So just for fun I tied on a castmaster and chucked it in front of them. Bam got hit instantly and when it got close to the boat I realized it was a koke. Thinking it was a fluke I found another pod of fish and did it again then again and agian. So much for the fluke it went on untill about 11 oclock, then shut down. It was a lot like chasing striper at powell only with salmon! Has anybody ever done this? What a kick in the butt. Most of the fish are the 14-16 inch range with a couple 16-18 and one that was 19. Not huge but fun and it beats trolling IMO.

bobco
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Mac , If I'm not being to bold :) lol, where were you seeing the kokes on the surface, I may need to go see if they still think they are stripers this weekend :)

mackaddict
07-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Right out in the middle of cebolla. We also saw some on the north side of the island (the name escapes me) down by middle bridge.

bobco
07-23-2008, 11:19 AM
cool, maybe this weekend.....thanks

Walleyes and Roosters
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Get to work
As of now still planning on coming.