PDA

View Full Version : Green Peter 04-05

DLM
04-05-2009, 05:58 PM
What a beautiful day on the lake. No wind to speak of, lots of sun, water at 46 degrees, fish in hiding. There were sporadic schools but very small and deep, 50-60 feet.

I did not see anyone using their net and there were plenty of boats out, in fact the lot was full and they were starting to park along the road. Believe it or not even a wake boarder and jet skis, I did not expect those for a couple months yet. I hope they had fun dodging all the debris, and there was plenty of that.

I spent very little time fishing as I was still putting break in hours on the new kicker. Only two more hours left and I can run it anyway I want. I did try a ping glow hootchie behind flashlites, and a couple different uv hoochies behind a vance dodger. The only action was a little trout that followed up to the boat.

Maybe the guys that could fish longer than I did had some luck??

Next stop Suttle in two weeks.

TopFuelKokanee
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the report. Looking to go out there in 2 weeks. Was the water up to the regular ramp?

DLM
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes, we were using it last week also. The campground ramp is still high and dry. They were bring the lake up a foot a day, but last week they kept it the same all week, and foster actually went down a little. I will find the website that shows water level and pictures at different levels and post it here.

DLM
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM
TopFuel

This website will give you pictures of the ramps at various lake levels, except full pool.

http://www.coastangler.com/kokanee/ramp.html

When you get to this site in blue letters in the paragraph above the pictures is the link to the Water levels of several different reservoirs, incuding Green Peter and Foster.

TopFuelKokanee
04-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Very good, thank you. I'll save that to my favorites. thumbsup

Dropshot
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
TopFuel

This website will give you pictures of the ramps at various lake levels, except full pool.

http://www.coastangler.com/kokanee/ramp.html

When you get to this site in blue letters in the paragraph above the pictures is the link to the Water levels of several different reservoirs, incuding Green Peter and Foster.

Cool info. Thanks dlm

TopFuelKokanee
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Beautiful day today, 4/18, at GP. Lots of debri in the water and overall a slow day of fishing. My friend did land this nice salmon, 18 1/2" and weighing 2 lbs 5 oz, our best fish ever out of that lake. Brought home 1 decent koke. Should be picking up there soon.
http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/45273/2879335620103699908S425x425Q85.jpg

SilverBullets
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the report TFK! It's getting close to that time of year again..what depth were you tageting?

TopFuelKokanee
04-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Early last year we did well from 28-40 ft. Today the water temp was 48 so I started in that range. The salmon pictured above came from 40 ft. The funny thing was that I was marking more fish a little deeper than that. But when I tried running gear down there, we just couldn't get anything going.