PDA

View Full Version : E. Canyon Reservoir,Utah 4-01-2009

Bduck
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Did a little journey to E. Canyon this morning. Ice is off for most of the reservoir but there are a couple of areas. Around the dam is still ice and in the center of the lake with soft water suurounding it. Center of the lake should be ice free within a couple of days as should the dam area. E. Canyon is launchable and ready for fishing. Bankers are doing well with whatever they cast out. Looking fwd to catching some Tiger Trout to see how big they are getting. Bows do really well here. Usually catch alot near 2lbs.with some larger ones taken. Kokes were planted here before but the lake level gets to low to support them. There is some kokes left but very little. These pictures taken after a fresh snow fall.

TrophyBoat
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
East canyon has been fishing very well for the last couple of years. I probably caught 150 fish there ice and boat fishing season and i can count on 2 hands the ones that went 2#, i need to change my tactics. are you trolling???

Bduck
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I mostly troll and try to stay out away from the other boats. E. Canyon has been a hot producer for me as well. But I don't do the ice thing much. Another reservoir thats been productive is Rockport. It should be soft water now and I will be going up there soon, maybe this weekend.

Bearclaw
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
East has always seemed to work well for me just before ice up. Haven't really fished it too much in the spring. Maybe that will change this year.

Bduck
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
East has always seemed to work well for me just before ice up. Haven't really fished it too much in the spring. Maybe that will change this year. You won't be disappointed. They are fiesty little @#$%. I like it this early but be sure to dress for it. Its still snowing up there. Hoping to post some pic's soon.

Kokanee Killer
04-02-2009, 08:32 PM
wow bduck that lake looks like a dream,great scenery out west seems like you can see for miles and miles hope ya can get some kokes thoughthumbsup

Bduck
04-02-2009, 11:15 PM
wow bduck that lake looks like a dream,great scenery out west seems like you can see for miles and miles hope ya can get some kokes thoughthumbsup Can't argue about the scenary. It would be great if there was a good koke population. But its just left overs now. Going to try it this weekend if weather doesn't become a big issue. Will be posting more pic's.

Kokanee Killer
04-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey bduck you jinxed me lol i sit here typing while elk creek turns high and looks like coffee with cream added,, so much for steelheading on my day off you were rightcrymeariver

Bduck
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Hey bduck you jinxed me lol i sit here typing while elk creek turns high and looks like coffee with cream added,, so much for steelheading on my day off you were rightcrymeariver Sorry about that. Not out to jinx anyone. Looking for my break in the weather so I can go. Maybe Sunday.