PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Ranch Reservoir

luckykoke
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone has fished Anderson Ranch yet this year and how the fishing was? I would like to go up there, but I don't want to make the trip if the fishing isn't good. Thanks for any reports.

redmanjr1
03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
I've not been up there yet this year. Not even sure if all the ice is melted yet. I plan on fisheing there a lot this year but not till the weather warms up somemore.

Bob

luckykoke
04-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Bob,
I've actually called up there and sounds like the ice has melted off. I asked about the fishing but they had no idea. Guess I'll wait and either take one for the team and head up there or I'll wait for some reports. I suspect in a couple of weeks, the fishing should be pretty good.

Bduck
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Bob,
I've actually called up there and sounds like the ice has melted off. I asked about the fishing but they had no idea. Guess I'll wait and either take one for the team and head up there or I'll wait for some reports. I suspect in a couple of weeks, the fishing should be pretty good. I say go for it Luckykoke. Weather permitting of course. A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

luckykoke
04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I will soon.........but I'm heading up to Lucky Peak on Friday. The fishing has been treating us very good there.

HappyHooker
04-02-2009, 08:47 PM
When you do make it out to Anderson, or L.P. for that matter let us know how it goes. I've fished the south fork of the Boise below the dam a couple of times (attempting fly fishing with no luck). Both times I've wondered if I wouldn't have been better off bringing the boat and fishing Anderson Ranch. When you fish there where do you like to launch? Is the area near the dam a good place to fish and is there a ramp? Any info you could give me would be appreciated. Where ever you decide to fish this weekend good luck. I will likely hit either Arrowrock or Lucky Peak on Saturday. I have a good friend and a long time fishing buddy flying into town to visit this weekend and would like to put him on some fish.

luckykoke
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
We usually launch just past the dam. Once you cross over the dam the ramp is not too far from there. I haven't fished right by the dam, but did fish further upstream from there and it was good. We weren't even fishing hard and we caught quite a few. I haven't been up there early in the season, so I don't know how the fishing is early. I'm heading out to Lucky Peak this afternoon. I'll give you a report when I get back to the office.

luckykoke
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
The fishing is still good at Lucky Peak. We did quite well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There were a ton of boats out on the water on Sunday, so be prepared for the crowds. With the nice weather coming along, more pleasure boats will be out too.

redmanjr1
04-25-2009, 01:38 AM
We usually launch just past the dam. Once you cross over the dam the ramp is not too far from there. I haven't fished right by the dam, but did fish further upstream from there and it was good. We weren't even fishing hard and we caught quite a few. I haven't been up there early in the season, so I don't know how the fishing is early. I'm heading out to Lucky Peak this afternoon. I'll give you a report when I get back to the office.

I haven't launched near the dam (been there a bunch of times though). We normally drive past the Anderson Dam Rd on highway 20 until we get to the Pine-Featherville Rd. Follow that to the water and we use the first main boat launch (just can't remember the name right now). I normally drive straight across and fish the far side back and forth. I would like to get further down toward the dam sometime but I hear that the fishing is better upstream.

Bob

kb5
05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Fished Anderson Ranch today. We landed 5 kok's. and one rainbow. We lost another 6 koks at the boat. Should have used my snubbers. We launched at Deer Creek and trolled our way to the Dam and back. Used flashers with orange\pink Apex and pink hoochie. Water temp. around 60 degrees. No down riggers. Caught half on lead core and the other half on mono. line near the surface.

redmanjr1
05-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the report kb5. We might head that way tomorrow and possibly next weekend. I hit CJ Strike today but I'll put that on another post.

Bob

coty449
05-25-2009, 01:52 PM
kb5: What were the size of the kokes you caught? Claude

kb5
05-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Size range from 10-13 inches.

luckykoke
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
We fished Anderson this past weekend. Sizes ranged from 9"-13". We caught them both on downriggers and leaded line. We were camping and were not focusing on fishing much but still probably pulled in 30 fish. Great size for canning. Seemed to catch them about anywhere in the lake.

SteelieNut
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a good trip, sometimes quantity beats quality. I fished the Flaming Gorge for 4 days and caught one koke about 15". Now that was tough!

kb5
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Fished this last Sunday and caught 10 kokes in (4) hours. 12-14 inch range. Great weather for fishing.

DragginBalls
06-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I was there on fathers day and they were on fire. I caught about 40 in six hours of fishing. I had three kids with me and we lost the net after about five fish. That was a good net too!! We had double and triples on several times. The kids had a ball and I worked my rear off!!

redmanjr1
06-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Good reports guys. I was planning on fishing a lot this summer up there but am now recovering from shoulder and carpel tunnel surgery. Will probably need to wait until next summer to fish there. Hang in there, the fish should start getting bigger as the summer goes on. F&G were predicting larger kokes up there this year. Hope it's true.

Bob

luckykoke
06-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Steelienut,
When did you go to the Gorge? I've been throwing around the idea of heading out there, but now you have me a bit scared.
The fishing at Anderson was fun. Would be great to take some kids up there. Dragginballs I feel your pain on losing a net. I too sent a net to the Lucky Peak water gods a few weeks back. Bought another one and filled the extension section full of that foam stuff. Took it to Anderson, jumped in the water to test it out and still it didn't float. It took more time for it to sink, but still not a floater. Oh well, guess that is life.

SteelieNut
06-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I went out to the Gorge for the KFF get together, it was a lot of fun meeting everyone. We were there through last weekend. Some of the other forum members did quite a bit better than me though. I think once this rainy runoff passes through and things settle down again it should fire back up. My next trip is in late July, hopefully I can make up for the tough fishing last week. I'm thinking of changing my username to humbledkokynut or something like that. Hey, anyone got any info on Mackay Res. ? I'm headin' that way thursday, maybe I'll drag my boat along.

kb5
07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Fished Anderson Sunday. Ended up landing 20 fat kokes. Fish averaged 12-14 inches, and very fat. Some fish already had skin turning pink. One of the females had LARGE eggs in her already. Fish were caught betw. 10-25 ft. deep.

Mojo
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Fished Anderson Sunday. Ended up landing 20 fat kokes. Fish averaged 12-14 inches, and very fat. Some fish already had skin turning pink. One of the females had LARGE eggs in her already. Fish were caught betw. 10-25 ft. deep.

Which end of the lake, and what was the hot bait, if you don't mind? I have a gaggle of neices and nephews coming next weekend and I need to keep them entertained. I figure koke fishing at Anderson would keep them jumping.

Thanks!

kb5
07-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Launched at Curlew and trolled toward the dam. Fish were caught all over the lake. Hot baits were orangepink Apex and pnk hoochie tipped with white shoepeg corn. Good luck.

Mojo
07-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Rush Rock
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Any recent updates on Anderson?

Rush Rock
09-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Anderson Ranch fished 9-6 and 9-7. Streams are red with the seniors doing their thing. caught a bunch of the 10-13"ers and had a blast in the nice weather ....we found if we could see the dam we were good but it was slower the closer you get to the dam....so we just kept it in sight in the distance. pink hoochies were best with corn/anis. however we were even catching them on floating rapalas too (go figure). early early early fishing....as soon as noon hits the fishing turned off both days.