PDA

View Full Version : Tomic Wee Tad at the Gorge

Lundman
03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I purchased several of these lures a couple years back and have yet to get any return on my investment.

Has anyone had any success at the Gorge?

How are you running them - dodger/flasher/naked?

Any rigging suggestions would be appreciated..... :)

wahoohunter
03-31-2009, 01:41 AM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. A couple of them came my way a few years ago but I've never had any luck with them out here, either. I tried dodger and alone, short, long, either hole-but no go. I never tried running two of 'em together on the same leader, but I've heard of it. Supposed to work but who knows? Seperate them a couple of inches apart and keep them in place on the leader using a toothpick.

SuperD
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
They are my far and away favorite for Rainbows at the Gorge. With that said, on one trip I was getting hammered by Kokes running them naked. The Kokes weren't biting that day so I decided to switch one rod out from Koke gear to trout and all of a sudden, it became the hot koke set up. It hasn't been a "go to" koke lure by any means but proved to me it worked when nothing else was. Orange is my best color there and like I said, they are deadly on the Rainbows at the Gorge.

FishHunter
03-31-2009, 02:52 PM
I purchased a few last spring and used them for 2 trips to the Gorge last summer. When the bite slowed down on my usual lures, I switched to the wee-tads and did okay. I caught a few more macks than kokes with them. I never tried running them naked like SuperD, but will try that this year.

SuperD
03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you guys properly increasing your speed for the wee tads? I'd say 1.8 to 2.0

FishHunter
04-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Are you guys properly increasing your speed for the wee tads? I'd say 1.8 to 2.0

I fish mine right around 1.8. They don't get much action if I don't

SilverBullets
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I fish mine right around 1.8. They don't get much action if I don't

Are you useing the front or top hole at that speed?

FishHunter
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Are you useing the front or top hole at that speed?

Front hole