PDA

View Full Version : Gel Krill with Metallic Flakes

IssaquahBob
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
As a new guy to this fishery, I'm trying to read as much as possible about catching kokanee in order to have a selection of appropriate tackle available when I do venture out on the water. I recently read an article in which the author recommended using a light smear of "Pautzke's Gel Krill with metallic flakes" when fishing a Gibbs Minnow on the bottom. He thought the metallic flakes helped trigger strikes.

Has anyone else tried this and if so, where did you find the gel krill with metallic flakes?

I have looked in a number of stores but can only find the Pautzke's gel krill that has no flakes of any nature in it.

I checked Pautzke's web site and again, they only seem to list one type of krill gel and there is no mention of it containing metallic flakes.

In a Portland, OR area Sportsman's Warehouse store, I did see another brand of gel that had some sparkling flakes in it but none of the available selection of that brand were krill scented.

SilverBullets
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I've never seen that, but here's a thought...What I've done to some lures is spray on some clear acrylic, then sprinkle on glitter found at most craft stores. After it dries spray on a top coat. While out on the water add the Pautzke's and your good to go. The glitter comes in different colors too!thumbsup

DLM
03-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I use a clear/glossy nail polish with flakes in it. It is made by China Glaze, they call it "holographic". I got some at Sally Beauty Supply but I am sure you can get it other places. Google "holographic nail polish" and you get lots of hits.

Drys fast and sets up hard.

Kokonuts
03-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I use a clear/glossy nail polish with flakes in it. It is made by China Glaze, they call it "holographic". I got some at Sally Beauty Supply but I am sure you can get it other places. Google "holographic nail polish" and you get lots of hits.

Drys fast and sets up hard.

Good one! I just started using the glitter type nail polish and it looks good! Its cheaper than the regular lure paints that I was using......Kokonuts...thumbsup

twisted lines
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
I've never seen that, but here's a thought...What I've done to some lures is spray on some clear acrylic, then sprinkle on glitter found at most craft stores. After it dries spray on a top coat. While out on the water add the Pautzke's and your good to go. The glitter comes in different colors too!thumbsup

I just dipped these!

Dropshot
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I just dipped these!

WOW, that's a bunch-a-jigs. I hope you sell them or give them to friends, because the alternative answer is that you lose way too many:eek:.

All kidding aside those look great.

twisted lines
04-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I did see another brand of gel that had some sparkling flakes in it but none of the available selection of that brand were krill scented.

I have been watching, scents closly as well and did see the smelly one also; I am thinking about mixing it with gel krill, on the lure. it is very common for people to mix there own concoctions; and that is the only way I can try one I have heard of and cant find. (Sparkles are common in the girls and childerns Department) Try it in small batches!

WOW, that's a bunch-a-jigs. I hope you sell them or give them to friends, because the alternative answer is that you lose way too many:eek:.

DS; all of the above, these are Donated to a class, I give the messed up ones to my tight friends, and I am not very good at tying Knotslaugh hyst