PDA

View Full Version : Hoochie Tricks & Tips

Kokonuts
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM
OK guys, .....I'll start this one & see what happens!

1. "The Winged Hoochie" I've been taking some hoochies , cutting the nose off just enough to slip a small Spin & Glow on with some water proof glue. Bingo, now the hoochie will spin!

2. Next I use a T cone and simply push it up the rear of the hoochie. This really opens & spreads out the legs on the hoochie. It should act a little differently in the water.

3. Take a T cone and put it in front of the hoochie ONLY backwards, with the large end up. This way it will make the hootchie dance!

I used 8 lb. leaders but after reading the article by Bill H. I will try 10 or 12 lb.

What are you guys doing?................thumbsup.....Kokonuts

Fallriverguy
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
So far I have only added the spin-n-glow or spinner blade. Sometimes I'll add a twinkle skirt.

SilverBullets
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a good selection made up with smiley blades, and switched to pom-poms and bar straws in place of beads. Alot of the plastic beads melt after time from coming into contact with the skirts.

twisted lines
03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
No I won't put a picture of the train on here you three have seen it before i bet......

briang
03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
What are pom-poms?

SilverBullets
03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
What are pom-poms?

The pom poms are acrylic balls of material that are like a bead that you tread on the line with a needle. The 5mm size is best. They come in a variety of bright colors, and are found at most craft stores...

twisted lines
04-02-2009, 08:51 AM
bar straws in place of beads. Alot of the plastic beads melt after time from coming into contact with the skirts.

I have put some together using a piece of crazy straw about 1" long out of the tight bends hoping it will give it some action after reading a post about doing it. Just another untested lure in the bag as of now.

Another one is using the yarn (probably a technical name for it) tied to an egg loop like the stealhead guys are doing, It works very well for them! and I am sure it will stink for a long time with scent on it, Might not need the Hoochies anymore laugh hyst

DLM
04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
While in a store yesterday some very small diameter surgical tupe caught my eye and I started thinking it may work like the straw for hook set back, yet be very flexible. You may need to add a bead on the hook end to keep the hook eye from sliding up into the tubing.

Has anyone tried this.

Big Al
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Do you guys use beads inside your hoochie. I have noticed that most of the ones that you buy do not have beads inside them. I can watch my lure and they do move a little differnt with beads or not. I know one thing that I do different then most is that I only run one #2 hook. I have watched alot of fish hit my hochie's and 90% are short hit at the tail of them. One other thing if you put a treble hook on them they will slow roll. I dont use them often because its alot harder to release them in good shape. Just some of the things that I have seen.

SilverBullets
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Another trick to try out is removing the hardware (snap, swivel, and split ring) off the back of the dodger and attaching the leader with a duo-lock snap directly to the hole on the back. This will transmit more action to the hoochie from the dodger...

MackPrince
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Big Al... I like to use a small split shot in the head of the hoochie to position the lure up the line to adjust where the hooks are in the skirt.

SuperD
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Big Al... I like to use a small split shot in the head of the hoochie to position the lure up the line to adjust where the hooks are in the skirt.

A bobber stop will achieve the same result behind a small bead.

SuperD
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm interested in trying the Crystal Basin action head this year.

Fallriverguy
04-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm interested in trying the Crystal Basin action head this year.

Do you mean the Hoochie Thing?

SuperD
04-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Do you mean the Hoochie Thing?

Yeah, I bought a couple packs of the shovel head as I call it for use with my existing hootchies and tubes.

crjahn
04-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Question where did you get just the shovel heads? I've looked but can"t seem to locate them. thank you crjahn

SuperD
04-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Here is a link:

http://www.crystalbasintackle.com/hoochie%20page.htm

Full_Monte
04-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Here is a link:

http://www.crystalbasintackle.com/hoochie%20page.htm

Shasta Tackle also came out with a similar hoochie. It's called a Pee Wee.