PDA

View Full Version : Old Man Winter

Bduck
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Woke up to 6in of new snow this morning. Had about 3in yesterday. Its cold and the forcast for the week is more of the same. Thought I was done with some snow removal but it doesn't melt to fast in the shaded areas. This intermountain west is hard to predict. fencing Hope it doesn't slow down the thaw up at the lakes. crymeariver

Bearclaw
03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I hear ya! I was just about to "summerize" my snow blower and we get hit again. I'm getting spring fever in the worst way.

Fallriverguy
03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
We had 2 inches Saturday night. Not enough to get the blower out because is melts quickly. I know I have already mentally moved away from snow management mode.

redmanjr1
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
It tried to spit a little snow here yesterday so not as bad as you guys are getting. Weather stays just cold enough to not unwrap the boat and the wind will not stop blowing!!crymeariver

MackPrince
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
If it makes you feel better I had to mow Friday.

Kokanee Killer
03-31-2009, 11:02 AM
bduck we went from sunny and 60 to 30 and snowing in 6 hrs sunday afternoon pa weather LOUSY

Bduck
03-31-2009, 02:20 PM
bduck we went from sunny and 60 to 30 and snowing in 6 hrs sunday afternoon pa weather LOUSY Hey KK, just look at it as a forecast for you. What we get here first will be pounding on your door in a day or two. violin

SuperD
03-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey KK, just look at it as a forecast for you. What we get here first will be pounding on your door in a day or two. violin

With that in mind bduck, the forecast for Sac area tomorrow is 77 and sunny. thumbsup Should be you by the weekend.

Kokanee Killer
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
what is the weather for you guys bduck for wed?? because i an going to do a little steelheading in my backyard here friday my day off,,if your 2 day forecast holds true lol lolfencing

Bduck
04-01-2009, 03:12 AM
what is the weather for you guys bduck for wed?? because i an going to do a little steelheading in my backyard here friday my day off,,if your 2 day forecast holds true lol lolfencing Kokanee Killer, Unfortunately it sucks. We might see Sunday as a nice day. I was looking to get my boat out on friday or sat. Finally got some soft water. I just got off of work at 12:30am and it was snowing on my way home. It still is as I'm posting this. Next 4 days look out. We are all screwed. There is no mercy at all. :mad: Hope it don't foul up your steelheading. Good luck.

SuperD
04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
A cold front just hit here in Sac and is dropping large rain drops. Doesn't look like you guys will get Spring time just yet.

Bduck
04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Yep, its coming. Suppose to be here later. But its coming in the form of rain here in the valley for a change. Guaranteed to put some white stuff on the mountain.

Kokanee Killer
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
30mph winds 4in blowing snow,last 2 days= did not fish yesterday on my day off again...now i head off to work for a 6 day run..maaaaaaan bduck did you jinx me lol laugh hystlaugh hyst maybe next week my next shot at steel.i am wondering will we see spring this tear or as typical pa weather go right to the 4th of july then back to winter lol i read somewhere awhile back pa is in the top 5 states for worse climate in the usa.. since moving here from ct i believe it totally its either 10degrees and snowing, or 99 and humid.

Bduck
04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
30mph winds 4in blowing snow,last 2 days= did not fish yesterday on my day off again...now i head off to work for a 6 day run..maaaaaaan bduck did you jinx me lol laugh hystlaugh hyst maybe next week my next shot at steel.i am wondering will we see spring this tear or as typical pa weather go right to the 4th of july then back to winter lol i read somewhere awhile back pa is in the top 5 states for worse climate in the usa.. since moving here from ct i believe it totally its either 10degrees and snowing, or 99 and humid. How's the weather back there K-Killer? Its been lousy here but getting a break tomorrow. Going to wet some lines. Is it still cold back there as depicted in this pic?

Kokanee Killer
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
yeah bduck i had to fire up the gas auger loltongue2

SmokeOnTheWater
04-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey All

Take a look at my home lake (Pineview) as of this afternoon. Can you say recession? As in receeding ice. With the weatherman forecasting rain, hopefully will get some wind to help this break up faster. I'll give it a week, two weeks tops even when the temp drops below freezing nearly every night. nananana to all you bananna-belt friends out there!

Kokanee Killer
04-12-2009, 12:26 AM
whats the banana belt???tongue2

SmokeOnTheWater
04-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Banana Belt - Local slang referring to low-landers where the temperature runs warmer.

I live @ 5000 foot elevation.

Bduck
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Banana Belt - Local slang referring to low-landers where the temperature runs warmer.

I live @ 5000 foot elevation. I'm only 500ft lower.

Kokaholic
04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Cmon 80"s bring it on baby!

Bduck
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Cmon 80"s bring it on baby! I've been out on the water preaching for warm weather with a cold beer in hand.

Kokanee Killer
04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm only 500ft lower. i am not much lower here also,, we are on the heart of the allehgeney mtns here in the armpit of the world lol

Bduck
04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
There's nothing like being in an elevated climate to enjoy the brisks of cool air.

Bduck
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Had a good soaker here yesterday with more on the way. Mountains are staying white. Looks like a good weekend coming on for some fishing. thumbsup

Kokanee Killer
04-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Had a good soaker here yesterday with more on the way. Mountains are staying white. Looks like a good weekend coming on for some fishing. thumbsup i wont say ANYTHING bduck:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bduck
04-16-2009, 11:04 PM
i wont say ANYTHING bduck:rolleyes::rolleyes: But I want you to. This makes it fun Kokanee Killer. I don't have voodoo powers. laugh hyst

Kokanee Killer
04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
i am pl;anning my last steelhead trip for the year the steel are exiting stage left faster than obama democrats,, if your powers of weathewr wizardry,,,not even sure thats a word hold true tommorow will bring on fires floods of biblical proportions typhoons,tornados.. LOCUSTS now at 10am est it is 50 clear no wind gorgeous but tommorow when it matters........

Bduck
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
i am pl;anning my last steelhead trip for the year the steel are exiting stage left faster than obama democrats,, if your powers of weathewr wizardry,,,not even sure thats a word hold true tommorow will bring on fires floods of biblical proportions typhoons,tornados.. LOCUSTS now at 10am est it is 50 clear no wind gorgeous but tommorow when it matters........ AMEN laugh hyst

pacman77
07-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Mr Winter is my nemesis I am not a cold weather person and I like fishing in pleasant weather it is tough waiting out the winter but too thin blooded to go out in the cold.