PDA

View Full Version : Keeping pre-tied hooks tangle free

wahoohunter
03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I was reading the thread about rigging double hooks and thought I'd post this.
I got mine through Mack's Lure some years ago.
It's called a Pip's Box. It's a pretty neat idea and works well. It's a circular box that holds the hooks in cork and rotates to keep the leaders tangle free.
I use it for double hooks and have had no probs.
www.mackslure.com/pipsvideo.asp

Bduck
03-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Not bad Jeff. Is this something that can be bought locally or is it thru Macks Lures only?

SmokeOnTheWater
03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Here is a simple and inexpensive method I use to keep my apex pre-rigged lures readilly available and tangle free. All you need is a length of PVC pipe, two slip-on end caps, some foam pipe insulation, two "L" brackets, two sheetmetal screws and a little spare time. I've attached these homemade lure holders on the underside of my rod locker storage lid for easy access and tangle-free security. Just bury the lure hooks in the foam, rotate the holder to wrap the leader then bury the open end of the attached snap swivel into the foam and you're done. Select another style/color, undo the snap from the foam and pull the leader. The holder will spool off the leader until you reach the hooks and then undo the hooks.

So simple a caveman can do it!

wahoohunter
03-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Not bad Jeff. Is this something that can be bought locally or is it thru Macks Lures only?
As far as I know, they are available on line only.

Great idea for storing Apex's, SmokeOnTheWater

Fallriverguy
03-30-2009, 11:34 AM

I have found them in Oregon at Bi-Mart and Joe's.

Full_Monte
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
I've made up a bucket for these pre-tied rigs. If you haven't seen this post...

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/showthread.php?t=1483