PDA

View Full Version : Cold, Cold, Cold

Bduck
03-27-2009, 03:23 AM
BRRRRRRRRRRRR. Who opened the freezer door. Spent a good portion of the nite on the flight line. Its one thing when its cold, but when that north wind came down on us, it was BRRRRRRRRRRR. :eek: :eek: This is going to slow down the thaw on the lakes. crymeariver

SmokeOnTheWater
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Ice was starting to receed at Pineview until last night. Only 3 degrees at the house this morning with a foot of new snow from the last storm. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is right!

Bduck
03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Your on the other side of the mountain from me and I know your colder. We hit the teens here last nite with a wind chill hovering arond 0 to the minus side. Another storm coming in this weekend, more snow forecasted.

Kokaholic
03-27-2009, 01:58 PM
At 0630 am this morning it was two degrees at Buckboard Marina. BRRRRRRRRR

Glad I wasnt over there trying to launch this morning!tooexcited

Propnut69
03-27-2009, 07:35 PM
" At 0630 am this morning it was two degrees at Buckboard Marina. BRRRRRRRRR
Glad I wasn't over there trying to launch this morning!"

It was a cold morning here in town,but by 9am the sun was out and everything was starting to melt.It sure turned out to be a nice day considering how it started out. About 10am I was seriously considering putting the boat on the water.Then common sense kicked in and reminded me that it's ten degrees colder on the water,then it is at home. Common sense won out.

Kokanee Killer
03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey bduck,, lol lol come here,,,, out east our weather really really sucks lol lol

redmanjr1
03-28-2009, 12:14 AM
BRRRRRRRRRRRR. Who opened the freezer door. Spent a good portion of the nite on the flight line. Its one thing when its cold, but when that north wind came down on us, it was BRRRRRRRRRRR. :eek: :eek: This is going to slow down the thaw on the lakes. crymeariver

Nothing worse than being stuck on the line in winter. Done that a few times. I think the coldest was a trip to Osan in Feb '94. We are a tad warmer up here. Only got down to mid 20's last night. Supposed to be nice tomorrow (Saturday).

Bduck
03-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Hey bduck,, lol lol come here,,,, out east our weather really really sucks lol lol I don't doubt your weather, you guys get them lousy noreasters. But we still have July, August and winter here. Sometimes I wander when July & August are going to come. violin I've been at the Gorge when violent storms have hit in July, high winds, hail, thunder & lightning and even snow. There's nothing like watching a few brave souls out on the lake skiing or doing some kind of water sport.

Bduck
03-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Nothing worse than being stuck on the line in winter. Done that a few times. I think the coldest was a trip to Osan in Feb '94. We are a tad warmer up here. Only got down to mid 20's last night. Supposed to be nice tomorrow (Saturday). Back in January, we were launching 6 Aviono, Italy jets at 0230. Every night there was a reason why they wouldn't go. We started on Monday and it would be about 35 degrees. Not bad for a launch. Buy the time Thursday came around, temps dropped to about 5 to 10 degrees with a wind blowing that night. We finally got them on their way but I payed a price on that one. After all the crawling around on a frozen ground, I tore the maniscus in my left knee. Had it surgically repaired a month ago. When all 6 jets were up and running, you can feel the air flowing more around them. It got BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

redmanjr1
03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Yup, the only place to be is in the cockpit with the heater on. thumbsup Sorry about your knee. Hope its doing better. My shoulder will probably go under the knife in the near future.

Bduck
03-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Yup, the only place to be is in the cockpit with the heater on. thumbsup Sorry about your knee. Hope its doing better. My shoulder will probably go under the knife in the near future. The jet I launched had the last 3 numbers 777. It was known as triple 7. After what it to me all week, I started calling it cripple 7. There's more to the story that I won't get into. It had problems of its own.