PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Tomorrow

SuperD
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I plan on hitting Berryessa tomorrow with a couple friends and my wife. Kings or Kokes, who ever will cooperate. I tied up some RGT's as hootchies and hootchie mamas last night and my buddy starting soaking the corn. Hopefully I'll have a good report tomorrow evening.

Bduck
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Best of luck to ya man. Its been yrs since I've been at Berryessa. I remember heavy rain yrs and the Glory Hole. Done some camping down below Monticello Dam-Putah creek. Done alot of partying at the Berry. Spent 3 yrs stationed at Travis AFB back in the 70's. Oh the 70's, great music years! worthy12

SuperD
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Berry and Folsom hate me but they are close.

Bduck
03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Berry and Folsom hate me but they are close.
I know what your saying. I feel I own stock in Folsom to. Browns Ravine is where I launched from mostly. But I left place alone during the summer time. Not enough boating room.

JusTrollin
03-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Berry has been very good as of late!Got kokes near 17" allready.watch out for the north wind. I hope to get out saturday.Good luck.

JT

HiTechKoke
03-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Great!... give us the scouting report.... I think I'll head their Sat or Sun. We'll look forward to the report.

SuperD
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
We launched at Markely about 7:00 a.m. There were 3 boats of us. We all put in just after the last "No Wake" bouy and one of our boats had a 15" koke on before we could all get our rods in the water. We headed for the dam and the wind really started to pick up. When we hit the first point, we were hooked up with a nice King. After we circled the ball field a second time, we were hooked up to a Koke in about the same place we hit the King. We started the morning running pink RGT Hootchie Mamas and blue RGT Hootchie Mamas. Fish were 15' and 30' otw. For the next couple hours, the wind really blew and the fish had lockjaw for us. About 10:00 a.m., the wind started to let up so we made a short run to the narrows. Well, this is where the fun began. We had switched our RGT's to Crystal Basin spinners and we found ourselves in Rainbow alley. Over the next 3 hours, we probably landed 20 Rainbows. They all came at 12' - 15' otw and orange was the hot color. The temperature today was in the mid to high 70's. It was a great day with friends on the water.

dunnigan jim
03-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats Super D.. We ended up going to Folsum for the Kings. Put in at dyke 8 trolled nr dam with nada. marked alot of fish but no hook ups. We then trolled towards rock wall and got into kings at 28-32 ft. down on the riggers in 75 to 90 ft of water..Used thin fin shad scent..thumbsup Used pink needle fish and pink rgt.. Ended the day with 7 nice kings biggest one went 3 1/4 #.. NO WIND AT FOLSUM GREAT DAYthumbsup

Old School
03-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Nice report Super D. Sounded like a great time. I cant wait to get out there myself. Soon...
Hey, is your new sig pic from Del Valle?
Very nice meeting you there.
Old School

redmanjr1
03-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Great report. I'm very jealous right now. crymeariver

Bob

wahoohunter
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Nice reports. guys. I'm gettin' more anxious but it looks like it's gonna be a couple of weeks yet for me.