PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Contacts

Petty4life
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
FLAMING GORGE AREA CONTACTS

UTAH FISHING LICENSES- https://secure.utah.gov/hflo/hflo

Lake View Cabin Rental (307) 874-5033 Brand new log cabins on the edge of Manila with complete modern amenities, close to Lucerne marina, in private surroundings. Nicest in town.
Villa Motel-Manila (435) 784-3015
Vacation Inn-Manila (435) 784-3259

Trout Creek Flies-Dutch John Fly Shop, Guides, Shuttles, Supplies, "River Central"
(GREAT for River Trips/Info!) (435) 885-3355 www.troutcreekflies.com

Red Canyon Lodge-Mountains Near Dam Beautiful Cabins, Fine Resturant, Private Fishing Ponds
(Nicest lodge in area!) (435) 889-3759 http://WWW.Redcanyonlodge.com

Flaming Gorge Lodge-Dutch John Lodging, Store, Resturant, Raft Rentals, River Fishing, Shuttles
(435) 889-3773 http://WWW.fglodge.com

Flaming Gorge KOA Campground-Manila Hook-ups, Log cabins, Shade Trees, Pool, C-Store, Landscaped. (800)KOA-3254 http://www.koa.com/where/UT/44114/
US Forest Service-Manila (435) 784-3445 Lucerne Valley Marina & Campgrounds- Wyoming/Utah Ph.#(435)784-3483, Toll free(888)820-9225 www.flaminggorge.com

Kokaholic
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Great info Jason. I hope this will help some folks.

Koke Addict
05-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Here' a helpful list of contacts I found somewhere online.

halojm
05-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the info Jason.

Levi Pafford
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM
nice info fished that lake alot. Thanks

Bduck
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Learned from camphost that Lucerne campgrounds are going thru some changes over the off season and one of them is showers are going to be installed.

Kokaholic
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Thats good news.

FishHunter
09-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Learned from camphost that Lucerne campgrounds are going thru some changes over the off season and one of them is showers are going to be installed.

Showers would be great. I wish they would increase the length of the campsites, they are way too short. I don't think there are hardly any that can fit a truck and trailer without unhitching the trailer. It is a real pain when you have hook-up and unhook the boat morning and night to put it on the water. More campsites with electricity would be good too.

I tried to explain this stuff to 2 camp hosts this summer, but they said they can't do anything about those things. I'm not sure who can, but they need to be modernized a little bit.

Kokaholic
09-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I agree. Those sites have been there for years and reallly need to be moderninzed Rigs and such are much longer and need to widened to accomidate tip outs on rigs also.

But, To do all that I am sure they will raise the price to park and stay. But I could deal with that if they fix it up. At least I can see my tax dollars at work

Bduck
12-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I agree. Some campgrounds are large enough but you also have to get there early to get one. They picked over to quick. Looking fwd to seeing what improvements are going to be made next year.

ll kaidoy ll
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know if there are RV dealers in Green River or Rock Springs that will deliver an RV or travel trailer to your location and set it up for you?

Has anyone stayed at the Lake View cabins in Manila? Just wondering about your experiences.

Thanks! :)

Propnut69
01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
do you mean as a rental?? I don't know of any place in the local area that rent's trailers.

ll kaidoy ll
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
do you mean as a rental?? I don't know of any place in the local area that rent's trailers.

Yup. Sorry. I meant rentals. There's some places, at least here in CA, that will actually deliver the trailer or RV to your campground for you and pick it back up after you leave. I was just wondering if there's a business like that around Flaming Gorge.

justfish
01-10-2010, 09:23 PM
the KOA has cabin that they rest out . not right on the lake but only 10 min away they seam to be nice

SuperD
01-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Closest RV rental source is Salt Lake City. I did a lot a research looking for one once and actually put a deposit down on one. I went to the ISE show a month later and bought my camper. A week RV rental for the Gorge would run you close to $2 grand.

SuperD
01-21-2010, 05:29 PM
kaidoy, it came to me today that if you were willing to spend RV rental money, Lucerne has floating cabins on the water at the marina for about the same price per night.

ll kaidoy ll
01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Dave,

Thanks for all the info. We typically rent an RV every year and drive it from Sacramento to Buckboard and back. I'm looking to expand my options this year to see what is available. I will look into those floating cabins at Lucerne.

I am also thinking about looking into those Lake View Cabins in Manila. Does anyone have any experience with those? Is there a grocery store in Manila that is similar to the Smith's grocery store in Green River?

Bduck
01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Dave,

Thanks for all the info. We typically rent an RV every year and drive it from Sacramento to Buckboard and back. I'm looking to expand my options this year to see what is available. I will look into those floating cabins at Lucerne.

I am also thinking about looking into those Lake View Cabins in Manila. Does anyone have any experience with those? Is there a grocery store in Manila that is similar to the Smith's grocery store in Green River?

Haven't seen a grocery store but there is a little country store in Manila. Green River, Rock Springs, Mountain View, and Vernal have grocery stores.

SuperD
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
kaidoy, if you have a link to the cabins, post it so I can make sure it is the ones I'm thinking about before I comment.

ll kaidoy ll
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
kaidoy, if you have a link to the cabins, post it so I can make sure it is the ones I'm thinking about before I comment.

It's the link at the top of this thread right under the Utah licenses link.

SuperD
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
That cabin is up in the canyon and quite a long ways from the main lake. If you thought about fishing Buckboard from there, forget it! There are fish to be caught up there but not as big as in the main lake.

ll kaidoy ll
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
That cabin is up in the canyon and quite a long ways from the main lake. If you thought about fishing Buckboard from there, forget it! There are fish to be caught up there but not as big as in the main lake.

I figured it would be about a 30 to 40 minute drive every morning to Buckboard. It doesn't look too far to Lucerne. I never fished that area before. I've always fished out of Buckboard.

ll kaidoy ll
01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Dave, you mentioned that you put a deposit on a rental prior to buying your camper. Do you remember who the name of the business?

SuperD
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Dave, you mentioned that you put a deposit on a rental prior to buying your camper. Do you remember who the name of the business?

I'm drawing a blank at the minute but will try to bring it up. I know there is a Cruise America in Salt Lake.

ll kaidoy ll
01-25-2010, 09:47 PM
No worries if you can't remember. I put an inquiry via email to TK Watersports last Tuesday but have not yet received a response. I placed a phone call to them as well to try and follow up with them, but I have yet to receive a call back. Oh well. :( Back to the drawing board. I almost thought I had a lead.

I looked at Cruise America, but I don't think they off delivery and pickup at your campground.

SuperD
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Since there are a lot of people sitting on RV's in a bad economy, check for some private party rentals, maybe Evanston or Salt Lake Craigslist. Just another thought

justfish
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
thier are some motorhome rentals on ksl.com go to classifieds then to recreational vehiicles see what you can work out with one of them one # is 801 673 0303 his nane is york but thier are others

TheThumb
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Any current feedback on the accomodations at the Flaming Gorge Motel?

TroutScout
07-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Wyoming Fishing License types & fees link:

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/fiscal/license/licprices/default.aspx

Kokaholic
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Remember that it is the off season up there and it could take them a little bit to get back to you.

As for the flaming gorge motel, Its not the hilton or the ritz carlton either. Its simply a bed, shower and toilet. nothing fancy. place to stay warm in winter and cool in the summer. I stay at either the villa motel when my dad is with me or my daughter, If Im with the guys, i like the KOA in the cabins. Tina who manages the place keeps things top notch and clean. no BS at her camp ground. she has a fish cleaning station there also.

If your looking to upgrade, the new cabin rooms down the street next door to the villa, can't remember the name are nice, however twice the money as the other above mentioned places.

SuperD
11-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm looking for some Buckboard recon or intell for this coming Summer. I'm highly considering camping at Buckboard this year rather than our typical Lucerne accomodations. With my camper, a fairly level spot would be nice. My memory of the marina campground was that it was pretty wide open and void of shade or wind breaks but did seem pretty flat. Does anyone know the fed campground well enough to know whether one of the hook up sites is relatively level and offers any shade?

liketrolling
11-21-2013, 12:11 PM
where can you find trailer Storage for the summer and how much does it cost. by Flaming Gorge or Manila

smokepoles
11-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I have often stayed in the forest service campground. It has never been very full, and I usually get my favorite spot that has a few russian ollive trees and even some green grass through June. There are only a few electric hook up sites in the campground, and I do not believe they have waste hook ups. If I recall correctly from driving by them, there is very little, if any shade on the electric sites. All sites have a picnic table and wind break. The restrooms and showers have always been very clean.

The Buckboard marina rents full hook up sites, and not really much more than the forest service campground. There is absolutely no shade there. If you rent a slip it is a 2 minute walk down the hill in the morning, and that is sure nice.

SuperD
11-21-2013, 01:18 PM
where can you find trailer Storage for the summer and how much does it cost. by Flaming Gorge or Manila
Lucerne marina has a boat/trailer/rv storage area that is fenced.

SuperD
01-07-2014, 01:05 PM
I've tried for 2 weeks to make reservations at the Buckboard Crossing campground and the ReserveAmerica website won't allow me to do so. Does anyone know if the campground is scheduled to be open this summer?

froggie
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
We've stayed at the BB Marina campground...relatively easy hike down to the boat slips. We were thinking of splitting this year's trip...a few days at Lucerne & a few at BB??? Not sure yet what Mickey & Kathy are doing.
Froggie