PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Bduck
03-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I was shopping a little earlier today at Costco and happen to walk by a couple that was in a discussion about home decorating. The guy made a comment about going fishing and his wife told him he has better things to do than go fishing. She proceeded to say he's got wall paper to hang, some painting to do. As I walked by, I looked at him and plugged my ears and said to him I didn't hear that. His wife heard me and laughed. He smiled with that certain look on his face, that what she thinks. Its apparent who's going to win that battle. I made an exit as quick as possible before I got sucked into that conversation. tongue2

SuperD
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Sucked in? Sounds like you left a fellow fisherman swinging in the breeze. If your wife wasn't in ear shot, you should have walked by and said,"Gee, those sound like womens projects." And just keep walking. laugh hyst

HiTechKoke
03-23-2009, 10:23 AM
That's when you should have done the secret fishing handshake... which included the Kokanee Fishing Forum business card. and then just say something like... "Here's an escape route!"

Bduck
03-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey, I'm glad my wife wasn't there at the moment. She was pushing a cart around in another part of the store. She sure would have started something. laugh hyst

SilverBullets
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for reminding me why I never got married!thumbsupI've never heard of this before...is that what you guys call a "honey do" list?

Bduck
03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
It can work to your advantage too. The winters we have here keeps you inside most of the time. The 'Honey Do' list gets accomplished and your rewards is going to places like the ISE without your honey. I was able to spend a couple of hundred $$ without her telling me I don't need that. I go fishing most of the time without her. She didn't go one time last year. Not even for a boat ride. As soon as I get some soft water, I'm on the run again. Time is ticking against her now. But, in the mean time, I'll get a couple of more 'honey do's' done. We've been married for 35yrs now and we both know whats coming on. I guess I got a good wife. So it does have its advantages. She's an excellent cook too. worthy12

SilverBullets
03-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you have a good system Bduck. Married for 35 years huh? Now THAT"S a keeper!!!thumbsup

SuperD
03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Bduck, I haven't been married for 35 years but my wife likes to fish and can back the trailer down the ramp with the best of them. She is certainly the catch of my life. thumbsup

Bduck
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, she does like to fish but she has muscular dystrophy (MD) and its limiting her on things to do. She tries. But as we both get older, things don't get easier especially for her. My 'honey do' list just got big because our 2 sons with their families are coming here in 2 weeks from Sacramento. My boys want a Gorge trip for at least 1 day. Happy to ablige them. Getting excited for the gorge. tooexcited What a way to kick off the fishing season.

wahoohunter
03-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds like your wife is a peach! Sorry to hear of her illness, I wish her all the best.
You're right about things gettng tougher. I've got just about ten years on you...just wait-lol.

redmanjr1
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm lucky like Bduck also. We've been married 22 years but it only seems like yesterday we got hitched. She doesn't like to fish herself but loves to go with me and watch me reel them in. She loves to eat fish so much that sometimes she's kicking me out the door to bring home some fish. Yes, things could be much worse.

Bob

Full_Monte
03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm lucky like Bduck also. We've been married 22 years but it only seems like yesterday we got hitched. She doesn't like to fish herself but loves to go with me and watch me reel them in. She loves to eat fish so much that sometimes she's kicking me out the door to bring home some fish. Yes, things could be much worse.

Bob

My wife loves to fish, but she's a vegetarian and won't eat any. A lot of the time when we're trout fishing, I just run the boat and net fish for her. She doesn't know it, but sometimes, I'll put on a lure on my pole that isn't likely to catch fish, so she can catch more. A giant rapala or something similar. I can tow it around the lake for hours without catching anything. But when I do, watch out!

Bduck
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
There were times when I needed to BS and have a couple of cold beers, I would put a sinker on and just cast it. When somebody sees you fishing they come over a strike up a conversation. The best part is you don't have to reel it in and show them what your fishing with. Just lie. tongue2

SuperD
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
The rule on my boat is nobody owns a rod. Everyone reels fish in regardless of which rod they came on. Too many outings have 1 hot rod to make it fun for everybody.

Kokanee Killer
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
luckily i married a true outdoor women, and my kids are big hunters and fisherman and women,and on our honeymoon 12 years ago we fished steelhead 4 days in erie then spent 4 days in the poconos skiing and doing other celebratory things,as BOBCO would say only in the hills of pa,yeeeehawthumbsup

Bduck
03-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Went to WalMart today. My wife knew I needed some beer for some friends that were stopping by later. Well, she picked up a 6 pack. When I caught up to her I saw this 6pk and took it back. I came back with a 12pk. She asked me, isn't it cheaper to get 2ea 6pk's? No way. A 12pk is approx. $1.50 cheaper. Its not often she has a brain fart like that. I need the beer so I can have the excuse for a brain fart. :rolleyes:

Kokanee Killer
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Went to WalMart today. My wife knew I needed some beer for some friends that were stopping by later. Well, she picked up a 6 pack. When I caught up to her I saw this 6pk and took it back. I came back with a 12pk. She asked me, isn't it cheaper to get 2ea 6pk's? No way. A 12pk is approx. $1.50 cheaper. Its not often she has a brain fart like that. I need the beer so I can have the excuse for a brain fart. :rolleyes: how right you are bduckthumbsup