PDA

View Full Version : Finally some kokes 3-17-09

TheFireman
03-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Finally got to get the boat out. Haven't been out since July and have been going through withdrawls. Didn't get on the water until about ten but that didn't matter to the fish. Didn't even get the second rod in and first one goes off. Got it to the boat 16" bow. It was pretty good fishing for a while, then quit so I decided to move a little and hit the jackpot. Caught around 20 fish at that spot mostly kokes around 2-3 pounds. Most everything I tried caught a couple of fish. I couldn 't believe how good the fishing was for it only being March. Water temp was about 39 degrees caught most of the fish between 10 and 30 feet. Ice was still down to anvil but looked pretty thin to me and with any wind with these temps won't be long.

Kokehead
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Sweet wally, you are making me jealous. I have a new boat and waiting on my downriggers. They should be here soon I hope.

Propnut69
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
WTG Wally,glad to hear the ice is moving off,and the fish are being caught. My splash date is the 28th,but after hearing this it might be sooner.

Kokaholic
03-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Right on Wally. Your the man. Wish you could have gotten down to the ise show to see all of us. I am sure we will see ya soon this spring summer.

Bduck
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Good job Fireman. worthy12 I'm thinking about shooting up there for a one day'er on satureday. It makes for a long day, but if I get into Kokes its worth it. Need to shake this cabin fever.

Petty4life
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice job Wally. glad you where finally able to get out.thumbsup

SilverBullets
03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the report Fireman! I'm so ready to get out and do some fishing. Hopefully this year will start out better where I fish. Last year around opening day the ice was still a foot thick!crymeariver

Hooter Patrol
03-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Good job glad to see you got out,
thumbsup

Digi-Troller
03-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I thought you gave up koke fishing, Wally? haha Glad to hear youre back at it! This offseason seemed way too long for me (especially since I didnt find time to ice fish the Gorge this year). I'll be heading up soon, so I'll post a report when I get back. I hope to have similar luck to what you had!

Thanks for the report!