PDA

View Full Version : Lamiglass Kokanee Rod

Bduck
03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow, I took one of my new red rods to work with me last night and had an audience. Alot of the guys wanted to know where I got the rod and how they can get one. One guy said he had the type where you feed the line up thru the center core and he doesn't like it. He said it feeds ok if your on a DR, but when you are long lining, he had to pull the line out from the tip. The action was good when a fish was caught. Others stated that some of their rigs are a little to stiff. Some said just a common rod for casting worked pretty good. But the majority liked the feel and the looks of the rod. Looks like the Red Kokanee Rod is going to be in high demand for while. So, whoever is ordering this rod or if you have one on order, I hope you get them soon. I'm glad I got mine when I did. Can't wait to use it. thumbsup

Sportfishinsteve
03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I got mine from King Jared at the show.......nice rods thumbsup

Petty4life
03-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I got mine from King Jared at the show.......nice rods thumbsup

It's not King Jared, It's Rockstar Jaredlaugh hyst

TopFuelKokanee
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
My rods showed up today (with alot of help from HiTechKoke and some help from UPS). Very nice, and they match my boat to boot. Can't wait to try 'em out, but that will be 2-3 weeks from now.thumbsup

Full_Monte
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Mine came in the mail today as well. I'm glad as I only had one koke rod and two downriggers. :mad: We've had so many rainy days, I'm still working on rainy day projects....

Bduck
03-20-2009, 10:19 PM
the Lamiglass Kokanee Rod fishing forum. Must have red koke rods to chat. worthy12laugh hystlaugh hystlaugh hyst

Petty4life
03-20-2009, 10:19 PM
i picked up some rod socks today for my rods. got to keep them looking pretty

HiTechKoke
03-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Do tell Petty... any particular vendor of sock that you like. I've been using the Cabelas ones for a few years. They are Nylon with elastic cord on one end and velcro at the top to adjust size. I got my two rods this week as well.

Kevin

Bduck
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I have a industrial sewing machine. I made my own socks out of the material I used for my boat. Might as well use it up.

briang
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Can you guys tell us the model number of the rod, and it's specs (i.e. length, action, # guides, recommended line size, etc.)? Also, where are you ordering the rod? I don't believe it's on Lamiglas' website yet.

Thanks,
Brian

Petty4life
03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Do tell Petty... any particular vendor of sock that you like. I've been using the Cabelas ones for a few years. They are Nylon with elastic cord on one end and velcro at the top to adjust size. I got my two rods this week as well.

Kevin

i got the cabels brand ones. they where on sale for $5thumbsup

HiTechKoke
03-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Can you guys tell us the model number of the rod, and it's specs (i.e. length, action, # guides, recommended line size, etc.)? Also, where are you ordering the rod? I don't believe it's on Lamiglas' website yet.

Thanks,
Brian

Hey Brian,

Lamiglass Model CGR 762L Team Kokanee
Length 7'6"
12 Guides
Line 4-8#
Lure 1/8 to 1/4 oz

Brian - you are fairly local to the Bay area - do you fish Del Valle at all?

Kevin

briang
03-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Kevin,
I fished Del Valle a few times last year, but not yet this year. Been fishing Shadow Cliffs recently, but haven't caught anything big.

Brian

clamkin
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Gonna break mine in tomorrow at Berryessa, and hopefully on some kokanee. :)

HiTechKoke
03-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Pure jealousy comes to mind! Good luck and let us know how you do.

Kevin

Full_Monte
03-21-2009, 09:22 AM
If your wife gets on your case for buying one of these new rods, you can always say "I went to Jared". thumbsupthumbsup For those of you who haven't seen it on TV, there's always an ad for Jared jewelers. Very high end, I've heard.

Petty4life
03-21-2009, 10:23 AM
If your wife gets on your case for buying one of these new rods, you can always say "I went to Jared". thumbsupthumbsup For those of you who haven't seen it on TV, there's always an ad for Jared jewelers. Very high end, I've heard.

i had my wfe read your reply and even she laughedlaugh hyst

clamkin
03-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Pure jealousy comes to mind! Good luck and let us know how you do.

Kevin

Had a GREAT day at Berryessa. The kokes haven't shown in numbers yet, but we boated 6 of them between 3 of us(2 we put back) with the biggest going 1 lb. 14 oz and 15 1/2" long. Best action was on the kings with some fiesty trout mixed in. I did land the biggest king of the day(a little over 2 lb.) on Jared's new rod. What a great fight. Fish didn't want to come to the boat from the start and made several runs stripping some line once it got close. Limited with 9 kings, 4 kokes(3 of those nice fish) and a couple of bleeder trout. Time to fire up the smoker!

Try to get some pics up tomorrow. It was a long one, on the road at 4:30am and not home until after 9pm, but a very satisfying day at the lake.

The new rod putting the hurt to the kings and kokes yesterday.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5711/jaredrodking.th.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jaredrodking.jpg)

We stacked.......
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3548/stackedrods.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stackedrods.jpg)

.....and then we whacked. The take-homes. That big king was a beauty and a fighter both.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3249/kingkokelimit321.th.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kingkokelimit321.jpg)

Look at those two biggest kokes in the second row. Like mirrored shapes of one another.

HiTechKoke
03-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Looks like you guys had no trouble getting into the fish and you got some time on the new rods too! Tks for the report.

Bduck
03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Always great to see someone catching kokes. worthy12 Working on getting news reels for my new koke rods. It'll be ice off here soon and I'll be able to hit soft water. :p