PDA

View Full Version : Easy Pulled Pork

SuperD
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
If you are in a campground with hook ups, this is great for fishing all day and coming back to camp and having hot food.

1 - 6 lbs. pork butt roast
1 onion coarsely chopped
1 can beef broth
1 can of coke
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Add the first 5 ingredients to a 5 - 6 qt crock pot and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours. Take roast out of the crock pot, allow to cool a bit and begin to "pull the meat" with a couple forks, separating the unwanted fat. Empty juices from crock pot and add meat back to crock pot with desired amount of bbq sauce. When reheated, serve with rolls, a big slice of fresh onion and some cole slaw.

Bduck
03-18-2009, 12:31 PM
If you are in a campground with hook ups, this is great for fishing all day and coming back to camp and having hot food.

1 - 6 lbs. pork butt roast
1 onion coarsely chopped
1 can beef broth
1 can of coke
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Add the first 5 ingredients to a 5 - 6 qt crock pot and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours. Take roast out of the crock pot, allow to cool a bit and begin to "pull the meat" with a couple forks, separating the unwanted fat. Empty juices from crock pot and add meat back to crock pot with desired amount of bbq sauce. When reheated, serve with rolls, a big slice of fresh onion and some cole slaw. MMMMMMM I would like to try this using a dutch oven.

SuperD
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
This recipe with spices instead of bbq sauce and tortillas instead of rolls and you are on your way to a cold cerveza and chips & salsa. Makes great carnitas.

bobco
05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
sounds great!! the coke is interesting?

Kokaholic
05-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I have added coke to meat like this as a tenderizer and adds a sweet taste to it also. Sounds good. I am smokeing 8 racks of ribs and two pork butts tomorrow for a family shin dig at bear lake. Baked beans and cole slaw, OMG! i need a towel right now cause my mouth is watering just thinking about it.thumbsupworthy12

Kokaholic
05-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Sounds good.

One More Pass
07-03-2009, 10:42 PM
SuperD
All I can say abouy your pulled pork is
Darn that sure is good!