PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerin' with tackle ideas

MackPrince
03-18-2009, 01:55 AM
TV was boring tonight and cabin fever took hold. I'm curious what others have been creating while we wait for the Spring season. Here's a few minutes of handywork.

Come on guys don't be bashfull. You should see the wall of ideas Kokonuts has.

twisted lines
03-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Made the mold last weekend, been tunning since.

Full_Monte
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Twisted Lines,

Are those weights you use instead of a downrigger? Just wondering...

Kokonuts
03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Made the mold last weekend, been tunning since.

Good looking jigs! worthy12

How did you make the mould?

I've been working on a pancake style DR weight. I used a small frying pan for the mould to pour two halves . Then put them together with a fin in the middle. It weighs 8lbs.

I would really like to find a way to make a "Fish" type mould. Any Ideas??? tooexcited Kokonuts

twisted lines
03-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Twisted Lines,

Are those weights you use instead of a downrigger? Just wondering...

They are .55 Oz and are jigs for the lips of the mad koks, and I hope they work.

twisted lines
03-18-2009, 09:52 AM

I've been working on a pancake style DR weight. I used a small frying pan for the mould to pour two halves . Then put them together with a fin in the middle. It weighs 8lbs.

I would really like to find a way to make a "Fish" type mould. Any Ideas??? tooexcited Kokonuts

I made this mold years ago poured the ones I wanted and traded it for a couple fish shaped ones when I had what I wanted; I knew if I kept it I would run out of lead. The fish stay home...... Making a fish shaped mold I think would have to be cast to be affordable and they make them! $$$$

SilverBullets
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Ive been busy with jigs lately. One batch was made with crescent weights that I molded to the shape I wanted, other's a type of minnow jig. I made some useing bullet weight's inside of hoochies, and some useing 1/8th oz barrel weights painted and stacked 4 on each wire for a total weight of 1/2 oz. Their pretty much a beaded jig, except the beads are weights. I've also made some new Apex designs for this season. Some have hoochies incorporated, other's I'm refinishing with a different design scheme. I plan on digging through the dodgers next, going to re-tape a few.

Big Al
03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I found my fish DW mold on e-bay a few years ago. It costed me $100 but it was worth it.I have found that I can change the color of the DW and that can help out alot. Last year Green with glow tape worked good for me.

Kokonuts
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Twisted.....Good looking weights. Did you mean they make the moulds or the fish shape wieghts?
Have you used the Tas. Devils for kokanee?

Big Al what shape of mould did you buy? How much do they weigh?

Thanks Guys....Kokonuts

Kokonuts
03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Silver Bullets ..... Is there going to be a Show & Tell at the class next month? laugh hyst Can't wait!!!
Kokonuts

twisted lines
03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes I have used them ! but not for jigs. And this should help; http://www.hiltsmolds.com/DownriggerMolds.htm

twisted lines
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
TV was boring tonight and cabin fever took hold. I'm curious what others have been creating while we wait for the Spring season. Here's a few minutes of handywork.

Come on guys don't be bashfull. You should see the wall of ideas Kokonuts has.

Sorry if your thread got carried away on downrigger weights but you asked!laugh hyst and here are a few for the lips; I made traded and painted its the closest most will see without an invitation to a lake I haven't been!!!!! the shoe is an Adida and I have no Idea whats in that box might open it some day? And some are spoken for. All and more are going to suttle soon! TL

MackPrince
03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Holy jigs, that's a lifetime supply!

SilverBullets
03-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Now that's a bunch of jigs!!!thumbsuptooexcitedworthy12

twisted lines
03-22-2009, 01:14 AM

I used this.......

Full_Monte
03-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry if your thread got carried away on downrigger weights but you asked!laugh hyst and here are a few for the lips; I made traded and painted its the closest most will see without an invitation to a lake I haven't been!!!!! the shoe is an Adida and I have no Idea whats in that box might open it some day? And some are spoken for. All and more are going to suttle soon! TL

Very professional looking! I guess once you get the mold made and start pouring, it's hard to stop production!

Kokonuts
03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I used this.......

Is that a Lathe or a Mill? Either way its a great looking machine!

Sooooo how many moulds did you make???? thumbsup

twisted lines
03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Is that a Lathe or a Mill? Either way its a great looking machine!

Sooooo how many moulds did you make???? thumbsup

Lathe with Milling attachment.
I have made three, and about to melt all evidence of my first one, but I caught fish.....the new one is untested but I have a few unothodox ideas. thumbsup It's a lot of work, buying blank molds would save a lot of time the hinge is the worst part.

Kokonuts
03-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Twisted....I like Those kind of ideas! Let me know how they work out!

Kokonuts