PDA

View Full Version : gorge 7-17

Propnut69
07-18-2008, 11:41 AM
My buddy d-weed, d-weed Jr and myself hit the water this morning..D-weed Jr hasn't had much time to fish this year,so he was itchin to catch a few fish.Put in at Squaw hollow,and motored down to the ranch house. Within three minutes of getting the lines in the water ,boom fish on .About all we caught in this area was sardines,we wanted BIGGER fish. So on down the lake we moved,and here we did start getting into bigger fish. In the morning hours pink,and rainbow squids from RMT were the right set-up. As the sun was getting higher in the sky this changed.

Pink was still the color ,but we had to switch to spoons. Caribbean,pink hyper-head,and watermelon colors were all producing fish. In the morning most the fish came from about 30-40 ft,as the sun got higher fish dropped down to about 50-60 ft. We finished the day with about 20 fish to the boat ,with at least half as many getting off. I must confess that d-weed Jr had the hot stick for the day as he caught the majority of the fish. Water temp around 68 degs. Speed around 1,9-2.0 Hope to be on the water again Saturday,any one going to be out give me a holler.

Petty4life
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Right on Tim glad to hear you got out. Wish i could. LOL. Hey when id d-weed going to register here?thumbsuptongue2worthytooexcited