PDA

View Full Version : Local Reservoirs in Utah

Bduck
03-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Just took a Sunday drive and checked out 3 reservoirs. E. Canyon, Echo, & Rockport were filling up, the ice is cracking and should be ice off in about another week. It never ceases to amaze me how ice fishmen leave trash sitting out on top of the ice. There were 2 tires sitting on top of E. Canyon Reservoir. Plus all the empty worm containers, etc. Also, see plastic and can containers (water & soda). Law enforcement is never around to issue tickets for littering with the exception of driving down the road. Pack it in, pack it out. Its usually lighter coming out. Laziness! There were 3 Eagles sitting on top of Rockport Reservoir. I can imagine what they were saying, one was saying come on ice off, the other here fishy, fishy, fishy, and the last said got beer? My kind of party. laugh hyst I'm ready to tune up my rods with a little trout action. I don't know if I want to save my Red Kokanee Rods for the kokes later or see how they do with trout. Probably will break down and use them on trout anyways.

Bduck
03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Took another ride to E. Canyon today. Talk to a ranger and the south end is open. The storm coming in this weekend should break it up. There is also a open spot in the middle. Its going to be fishing time, finally. Just a couple of more days.

Full_Monte
03-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Just took a Sunday drive and checked out 3 reservoirs. E. Canyon, Echo, & Rockport were filling up, the ice is cracking and should be ice off in about another week. It never ceases to amaze me how ice fishmen leave trash sitting out on top of the ice. There were 2 tires sitting on top of E. Canyon Reservoir. Plus all the empty worm containers, etc. Also, see plastic and can containers (water & soda). Law enforcement is never around to issue tickets for littering with the exception of driving down the road. Pack it in, pack it out. Its usually lighter coming out. Laziness! There were 3 Eagles sitting on top of Rockport Reservoir. I can imagine what they were saying, one was saying come on ice off, the other here fishy, fishy, fishy, and the last said got beer? My kind of party. laugh hyst I'm ready to tune up my rods with a little trout action. I don't know if I want to save my Red Kokanee Rods for the kokes later or see how they do with trout. Probably will break down and use them on trout anyways.

Right On, BDuck! I can't imagine what people who do this are thinking. They may be fishing, but they aren't fishermen. They're pigs!