PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Stockings

Bduck
03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Reading in Idaho Fish and Game Regulations, found several listings of waters stocked with kokanee broke down by region. These are not listed on the Idaho Reports. Here it goes: PANHANDLE REGION- Brush Lake, Clark Fork River, Granite Creek, Grouse Creek, Hauser Lake, Lake Pend Oreille, Mirror Lake, Smith Lake, Spirit Lake, Spring Creek, Trestle Creek, Twin Creek, Twin Lake (lower). CLEARWATER REGION- Waha Lake. SOUTHWEST REGION- Arrowrock Reservoir, Cascade Reservoir, Deadwood Reservoir, Lucky Peak Reservoir, Payette Lake. MAGIC VALLEY REGION- Anderson Ranch Reservoir, Salmon Falls Creek Reservoir. SOUTHEAST REGION- Devils Creek Reservoir, Montpelier Reservoir. UPPER SNAKE REGION- Island Park Reservoir, Ririe Reservoir. These were taken from a list based on the past 5 yrs stocking history.

wahoohunter
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
:eek:
I was having my first cup of morning coffee when I saw the headline for this post and the first thing that went through my mind was that this was about some kind of new women's legwear with pictures of fish on 'em!! What a maroon!! laugh hyst

redmanjr1
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Good post Bduck and thanks. I didn't realize Idaho had that many lakes stocked with kokes. Does anyone out there have any info on some of the smaller, less known lakes?

Bob

Full_Monte
03-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I was having my first cup of morning coffee when I saw the headline for this post and the first thing that went through my mind was that this was about some kind of new women's legwear with pictures of fish on 'em!! What a maroon!! laugh hyst

That's exactly what I thought. First...koke baseball hats, now koke stockings.
Next...koke boxers?

Bduck
03-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Need a training bra now? Older guys require this to go with there big belly. laugh hyst

SteelieNut
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
laugh hyst

luckykoke
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Well here goes........this is my very first post. I've been lurking here awhile and finally decided to join up. This is a very informative board and I've enjoyed all the info so far.

I'm a little curious about the stocking report. This report you read, did it give any hard numbers on the amount and age class of fish stocked? From what I know, I would be very surprised if F&G was actually stocking fish in Arrowrock, Anderson, and Deadwood. There is a viable population in those three reservoirs and Fish and Game has actually made efforts to control the population via weirs during spawning. Does anyone have information out there? I'm very curious now. Thanks for all the information, hopefully I can add to it from time to time.

luckykoke
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Actually I just did some quick research. I found what I was looking for. Looks like Lucky Peak is the latest Reservoir stocked. The others were stocked about 3 years ago. Maybe that is why the fishing is so good at Lucky Peak right now. Here is the website with the info:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/stocking/year.cfm?region=3

redmanjr1
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the post luckykoke and welcome to KFF. This is a great site to gain info on kokes and a number of other topics. There are some very knowledgeable folks here. I look forward to your insight and possible help with on our koke addiction. thumbsup laugh hyst

Bob

3RivrFishr
05-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Good post Bduck and thanks. I didn't realize Idaho had that many lakes stocked with kokes. Does anyone out there have any info on some of the smaller, less known lakes?

Bob

Waha Lake near Lewiston has been stocked for at least 20 years but there is a lot of competition for food because it is stocked with trout as well...and lots of them!

Soldiers meadow is another small lake near here and I dont see it on the list but I was catching Kokanee there by accident 10 years ago.

Troutski
05-30-2009, 10:10 AM

I had the same reaction...sweet!!! Then after further reading realized that my wife is right I am a pervert - does this mean I am finely a man? Here is what I thought I was going to be seeing in the post...

http://www.womeninwaders.com/

Chuck