PDA

View Full Version : Love your Site!

RousAbout
03-13-2009, 08:00 PM
This is a wonderful site! I've lived in Wyoming a number of years and only fished the Gorge once - and that time we were blown off. If gas holds down I was hoping to fish the Gorge a few times this summer. I didn't do my homework the first- and last time I fished there.......

I have fished Lake Michigan and Huron alot for Kings and cohos etc with all the presentations but need a little help on Mr. Koke. I was hoping to pick some of your minds if you have a second (?).

1) On the Great Lakes I've used cheaters for coho and steelies mostly using the small black Roemer release. But that won't work with a light biter I think. SO, do most guys find that stacking with a second rod is productive? Or is that too much flash?

2) Do I need to use those real thin snubbers? We always use the thick ones by LJ on the Great Lakes with the dipsey divers. I plan to use some new light action rods and some standard medium action rods.

3) What size spoon works best on the Gorge? 1 - 1.5 or 2? On the Great Lakes we use the magnum only later on in the year - like August when the smelt and alewife have grown. But that doesn't help me figure out what size Mr Koke wants most.

4) I know that I would only use the trolls- like the Les Davis- on my cannon balls if it's indicated by no strikes after I mark some. But h0w many guys, reallly, use the trolls?? Are they necessary on the Gorge??

Any help would be huge for this Koke novice!!!

PS I worked in Anchorage for a summer and we got to keep all the reds and Dolley Varden (a non commercial accidental catch) that got stuck in the machinery at Sea Pro. The reds were on an equal par with arguably one of the best fish feasts of all--- halibut cheeks!!!
Phil

wahoohunter
03-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome-I'm going to the Gorge for the first time this year so I can't help you with your questions, but I'm sure someone will. This is a great place-enjoy.

Bduck
03-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Welcome RousAbout. Not to brush you off, but to answer so many questions you have, which are very good questions, can be found in the general discussion section of this forum. After you start reading, now comes the questions within the questions. Thats where a great bunch of fishing minds come together for solutions. Enjoy. We are all here for you.

RousAbout
03-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks Bduck-
Just found that area - had not explored the site enough and got answers to a few ofmy questions!

SilverBullets
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard RousAbout! Like Bduck mentioned, you'll get alot more hits to those questions over on the discussion forum. I've never fished the Gorge (except in a few dreams) but some of our tactics here in Oregon are close to the same.

Kokonuts
03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I am a lot like you & several others , just started fishing fo Kokoanee last year & hav'nt fished the Gorge YET!
Take a good look at this site & you'll find some ans. but then you'll have even more questions .....And then The Rest of the Story!
Welcome to the site..............Kokonuts