PDA

View Full Version : Best Bet For Kokanee Trolling

Gadabout
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
OK, HERE'S MY LAST SHOT AT TRYING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE A 17 ' NORTH RIVER REVENGE. I WANT TO PUT A GOOD TROLLING MOTOR ON THE BOW. WHICH BRAND, SIZE ETC. THE MOTOR DOES NOT NEED TO BE A TRICK OUT AUTO PILOTthumbsup BUT FUNCTIONAL UNIT FOR THE SIZE OF THE BOAT. 12 VOLT PREFERRED. ALSO WHO HAS THE BEST DEALS IN NORTHERN AND CENTRAL CALIF
THANK GUYS,

SuperD
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Part of your question might be answered if you truely want to be limited to a 12v system as I believe about 55 lbs is the break point. Personally, I think that is too small for your boat. A 65 lbs, 24v would probably be the minimum I would advise you to go with and I would also advise that you atleast get a copilot so you have some remote steering and throttle control.

jacksonlaker
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
This topic has been covered before. You can check the past posts and find it. I have an 18' Crestliner and I have a Minnkota powerdrive V2 with auto pilot. It has 70lbs of thrust in a 24 volt system. My advice would be get as much motor as you can afford. You can never be over-powered in a trolling motor but you can be under-powered, especialy in windy conditions. I really like my motor and I love the auto pilot feature. I can downrigger troll by myself in calm water. Even when fighting or netting fish the boat pretty much stays on course. The only bad thing is the btteries only last me about 4.5 hours at 1.8 mph.