PDA

View Full Version : Sick Day Excuses

MackPrince
03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Seeing the name of a new member I thought it might be fun to share some classic calling in sick excuses.

For starters back when I was a manager at a grocery store I had a deli clerk call in one Sunday after being late by about two hours. He said he would need to have the next few days covered because his mother had died over the weekend. Unfortunately he forgot that he used that line two weeks before.

He might as well of called in dumb.fencing
movie

zfk55
03-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Just one I ever caught. About 6 or 7 years back I had a high school student here on a trainee program. One friday morning he called in and announced in a loud, clear voice that he would be out until monday because he had " contacted laryngitis" and couldn't get out of bed.

P

wahoohunter
03-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Had a guy make a collect call to say he wouldn't be in because of a headache and vomiting. When I asked why he called in collect.....there was a pause and then he said he was in the drunk tank and could only make collect calls from jail but he really was throwing up!

Kokanee Killer
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
had a young part timer call in and say.. he didnt feel like working today...go figure todays youthtongue2

SuperD
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
My employer offers a very generous sick leave benefit so I like to call them mental health days. thumbsup

Bduck
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Are you sure this wasn't you guys? I'm currently burning over 400 hrs sick leave pending retirement. About 12 yrs ago, I was fishing for salmon on the Sacramento River right out of old Sacramento. I called in sick from my boat. My boss asked me what was wrong and I said I was getting some hydro-therepy. He didn't get it. I had 2 other buddies with me and they used my cell phone and called in sick. Thing was we all 3 had the same boss. On the third phone call you can hear let alone see it, a semi going across the I street bridge. laugh hyst I don't like using sick leave for what its intended for. I be sick and at work, but when it comes to a fishing day, I'l call in sick. Sometimes I'll take 3 days.

Kokehead83
03-11-2009, 05:17 PM
What's "Calling in Sick" J/K I go to work no matter wht but i have heard quit a few the best was "dude i'm drunk still, and how are you at work i gave you a ride home from the bar. You were S*** face drunk last night." Yeah so needles to say I've heard a few also the no call no show yeah that one is always nice.

Ben

SuperD
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
My sick leave is convertible to service time when I retire. So it is a fine line of balance between saving and using. My goal is to have accumulated 1,000 hours by the time I retire and get an extra 6 months of service time. I'm currently right around 700 hours with 8 years to go. Barring any extended illness, I'm looking at about 4 extra fishing days a year.

Bduck
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
My sick leave is convertible to service time when I retire. So it is a fine line of balance between saving and using. My goal is to have accumulated 1,000 hours by the time I retire and get an extra 6 months of service time. I'm currently right around 700 hours with 8 years to go. Barring any extended illness, I'm looking at about 4 extra fishing days a year. My sick leave also can be converted to additional time. But since I meet requirements for full retirement, I can use it like a second set of vacation hrs. Don't need additional time. Plus I get paid for it. It just takes yrs to get to that position.

Petty4life
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
hello Boss, I'm out of sick leave so I'm calling in dead.

redmanjr1
03-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Problem for me is I do not get sick leave being in the military. If you are sick enough to stay home you still have to report into the base hospital to be placed on quarters by a doctor. In almost 27 years, I have only been able to swing that twice.

twisted lines
03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Garage door opener broke and I can't get out!

Troutski
05-22-2009, 05:50 AM
I have a recurring eye problem...I don't want to be there,I can't see coming in, I want to go fishing...and so on.. Thus the recurring eye problem.

Chuck

skyhammer
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I have never had a job that gave me sick leave or vacation time. Some how, it just doesn't seem right to get paid for not working.
I guess I am jealous.

autorick
11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I only get "paid time off", so there is no difference in sick leave or vacation.

I had a guy that would get flat tires ALL of the time, and couldn't make it in.

lowe1648mt
11-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't get paid sick days either. I'm retired.
Called in sick once . Said I had a temperature. Boss said "Thats ok .Your birthday is a personal day off anyway."

REW
11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Haven't been sick once since I retired !