PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Motors

Gadabout
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Would like some opinions on what brand and size TM I should get for my 17 Revenge North River. Looking for a bow mount or Stern.
thanks,

SuperD
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Gotta go bow mount and I'd go with the autopilot / copilot in 70 - 80 lbs thrust.

HiTechKoke
03-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Agreed - Another thing to consider is if you are going to go with a 24 or 12 Volt system. I went with the 24V and have 2 independent batteries, AC Delco Voyagers. Also make sure you get as long a shaft as you can mount because if you don't and the water is a bit choppy you'll bounce the prop out of the water. Also make sure to get a wireless wrist control as it is the cat's meow... and good for magic tricks on steering the boat with the new kids. I'd also get a a foot pedal as a backup in case the wireless goes bad... I had this happen and just hooked up the foot pedal with the 18 foot cord and was in business.

Another thing you may want to do is change the prop. I went to a Kippawa prop based upon reco's from other hard core Koke guys. Mion Kota does not approve but I'm out of warranty anyway and they are harmless and more efficient.

And one last thing from my archive is MRDownrigger added a big fin to his TM and it made a big difference in steering control. I've been meaning to do this to mine now that it is out of warranty.

Kevin

SilverBullets
03-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Check the sport shows for some good deals. Just picked up a new Yamaha 4HP 4 stroke for less than the same exact motor we got back in 2003. thumbsup

Gadabout
03-10-2009, 12:37 AM
There's a guy in Lodi that has for sale a new Motor Guide 75 54inch Dig with the remote for $700,00. He stated he could put it on the boat for $50. Is this a good deal? I think I've seen the same motor in Bass Pro for $745.00.