PDA

View Full Version : Favorite camping / fishing food?

SuperD
03-08-2009, 10:58 PM
What is your favorite thing to eat when you are camping / fishing?

Bduck
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I like to do BBQ. Also, I'll pull out the dutch oven. I make a killer pot roast. thumbsup

SilverBullets
03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
While out on the water, I always bring along some smoked kokanee and usually go through a bag of beef jerky. Oh, and a big submarine sandwich with plenty of tabasco sauce!thumbsup

SuperD
03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I've got several but my pastrami cheese burgers are always a highlight.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9416/burgerun6.jpg

SilverBullets
03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I've got several but my pastrami cheese burgers are always a highlight.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9416/burgerun6.jpg

The heck with fishing...what time is dinner!!!thumbsupworthy12

Dropshot
03-12-2009, 07:32 PM
We like the pre-marinated tri-tip roasts from Costco. I don't remeber the brand name but they are vacuum packed in the marinade and are really great.

I double rap it in foil then toss it on the grill. After 25 minutes I turn it over, after another 25 I pull it off and let it sit for about 5. You can't get much easier than that.

Great flavor hot, and fantastic sandwiches all weekend.

Kokanee Killer
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
super d these look great but ya probably have to make a appointment with the cardiologist upon consumption lol we here in pa savor mtn pies while camping,,,, very easy to make and delicious too recipe to follow soon

Kokonuts
03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I like Steaks & Eggs in the morn. with a big Pot of Coffee to get things started, and then the BBQ at nite!

Those Subs sound pretty good on the boat!

thumbsup...Kokonuts

Full_Monte
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
I have a buddy who smokes those Costco tri-tips and then barbeques them on the trip. Man, nothing beats that!

SuperD
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I like Steaks & Eggs in the morn. with a big Pot of Coffee to get things started, and then the BBQ at nite!

Those Subs sound pretty good on the boat!

thumbsup...Kokonuts

When we do the steaks or tri tip for dinner, the steak, eggs and potatoes scramble for breakfast is always a treat. My biscuits and gravy is also a pretty slammin breakfast with a hot cup of coffee.

Bduck
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM
You can't beat camp coffee.

FishHunter
03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
My father was always the guy on the lake first or to the hunting honey hole first when I was growing up (and usually still is today). We never put much thought into food and ate whatever was thrown into the truck. In a good week long fishing trip I lose 10 pounds and a hunting trip is 20 pounds.

My brother and I went to the Gorge in April a few years ago for 3 days. He brought the food and all he had was enough for 1 sanchwich a day and a can of pringles for the entire trip. My dad eats carrots all day and drinks a slim fast at night and he is good to go. I used to be able to do the same thing, but the older I get, the more I don't like it.

The recipe forum has given me some great ideas that I hope to use this year while fishing and hunting. Keep up the suggestions thumbsup

Full_Monte
03-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Fish Hunter...you sound like a guy who is hungry all the time!