PDA

View Full Version : Diesel were you live?

SuperD
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I paid under $2/gal for diesel today with a discount I get at my local market. I was wondering what diesel is costing in other parts of the country. Wishing it will hold for the trip to Gorge this Summer.

Kokehead83
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Dave it's Just under $2 here in Northern CO

Bduck
03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I found it for $1.95 at a Maverik in Ogden today. If you have their adventure club card, you get an additional .02 off which I have. As we closer to Memorial weekend the gouging is going to increase.

SuperD
03-06-2009, 03:16 PM
The fact that diesel is so much cheaper than regular gas, at least here in CA, that it tells me that commercial trucking must be in the toilet and there is a glut of diesel laying around.

Kokaholic
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I hope your Right superD. I love this under two bucks stuff. Keep on slidin down!thumbsup

Petty4life
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
The fact that diesel is so much cheaper than regular gas, at least here in CA, that it tells me that commercial trucking must be in the toilet and there is a glut of diesel laying around.
I hope not im a diesel mechanic.violin

Kokehead83
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
As for the trucking industry swift just layed off 1/4 of their drivers so i would say yeah it's slow. A few reps from the freight companies we shop are slow. I know a few drivers and they are on the road for a few days at a time not a few weeks. I like cheap fuel but i hope that the economy stays afloat so i can afoard to buy cheap fuel.

Ben

Petty4life
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
As for the trucking industry swift just layed off 1/4 of their drivers so i would say yeah it's slow. A few reps from the freight companies we shop are slow. I know a few drivers and they are on the road for a few days at a time not a few weeks. I like cheap fuel but i hope that the economy stays afloat so i can afoard to buy cheap fuel.

Ben

one good thing is i work for a grocery store chain and not a trucking company so as long as people keep buying grocerys the trucks i work on will keep rollingthumbsup

Bduck
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Diesel prices dropped again. How much longer are they going to tease us? :rolleyes: