PDA

View Full Version : Motel / Hotel recommendations for Green River

Kokanee Wizard
03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Can anyone please recommend a Motel / Hotel in Green River Wy.
I know about Sweet Dreams but are there other places?
Thanks in advance...

Bduck
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Rock Springs is just 10min away and there more motels there. Its larger than Green River. You might try a google to see whats there.

fishonlynch
03-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Holiday Inn Express
GREEN RIVER
1845 E. MAIN ST.
GREEN RIVER, UT 84525 UNITED STATES

Kokaholic
03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
There is also a brand new Hampton inn on the outskirts of green river about a mile. VEry nice. Will probably be a few more $$$ but clean and worth it to me.

Big Al
03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
There is no Holiday Inn Express in GreenRiver Wy

Kokaholic
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Your right. He has the address for the one in Green River Utah up there.

Holiday Inn Express
GREEN RIVER
1845 E. MAIN ST.
GREEN RIVER, UT 84525 UNITED STATES

Fallriverguy
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Rock Springs is just 10min away and there more motels there. Its larger than Green River. You might try a google to see whats there.

Am I correct is assuming if I don't want to camp at Buckboard, then Rock Springs/Green River are the closest places to find a motel.

How long does it take to drive from Green River to Buckboard? Does anyone know if there is a place to rent an RV? I keep reading about the wind and don't know if tent camping is best option. Is the wind the same all season, or is last summer worse?

Thanks,

Brian

Kokaholic
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Your assuming right. IT is about 25 to 28 miles from Green river out to Buckboard. Depending on where you stay in town.Rock springs is another 10-15 minutes down the road

The wind situation is so unpredicatble. you can not even begin to guess what it will do. Usually, I say Usually, it is calm in the morning and then late morning early after noon it kicks up. Usually will settle down later in the evening but sometimes it wont.

I am not sure about RV rental in the area. Hoefully propnut69 or big al can help you out with that. They both live in green river.

Big Al
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
As far as I know there is no RV rental. I also talked to buckboard and they do not know of any around her. You may be able to find something in SLC.

Murphdogg
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Oak Tree inn and you get a free breakfast too usally no wind in moring but by 2:00 wind usally comes up

Stanson
03-06-2009, 11:09 PM
280 West Flaming Gorge Way, Green River - (307) 875-9330
Super 8 Motel - Green River

Read our customer reviews

280 W. Flaming Gorge, Green River, WY, US, 82933

Check in:
Check out:
1 room 2 rooms 3 rooms 4 rooms 5 rooms 6 rooms 7 rooms 8 rooms 9+ rooms Super 8 Motel - Green River Overview
Earliest check-in: 2:00 PM Latest check-out: 11:00 AM
The Super 8 Motel of Green River welcomes you to South-Western Wyoming. The Super 8 is conveniently located just off I-80 at exit 91. We are just minuets away from Flaming Gorge Reservoir, Western Wyoming Community College, Sweetwater County Events Complex, and Historic Downtown Rock Springs. Discover exotic wildlife, world-class hunting and fishing, and statewide history in Wyoming. After you have spent your day traveling and exploring our beautiful state, park your car, truck, or RV in our large secure parking lot, then let our professional and friendly staff assist you in finding the clean and comfortable room that will fit you and/or your familys needs. Enjoy high speed wireless internet access, and expanded cable TV w/remote control featuring HBO, ESPN, Fox News and Disney in all guest rooms. To help in maintaining our facility, NO PETS ALLOWED. Join us in the morning for our complimentary SuperStart continental breakfast. See you along the way.

Features and Amenities

call the number 307 875 9330
the rates are 65 for singal and 75 for double http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=h0&oq=&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLR_enUS316US316&q=green+river+Wy+motels

its about 30 miles to buckboard from the super 8thumbsupthumbsup

Hope this helps

Petty4life
03-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Your right. He has the address for the one in Green River Utah up there.

Hey it can be done its just one hell of a boat ride up the river. LOLlaugh hyst

Propnut69
03-07-2009, 01:19 AM
.I don't know of any place in either rock springs or green river that rents RV's The sweet dreams inn ,is a good place to stay in green river.It's easy in ,easy out especially if your pulling a boat. They have a decent restaurant and lounge,and a bowling alley. The oak inn is a decent place they also have a 24 hr diner on site. As for the Hampton Inn ,I haven't stayed there,heard it was nice but very pricey. The only real problems that I would have staying at the Hampton in or the oak tree is that they are on the very north end of town. This mean you have to drag your boat all the way through down to get to the gorge.Not much of a problem early in the morning ,but the afternoons will have a lot more traffic to deal with. Rock Springs has many hotels/motels to stay ,a little research and you can find just about all of the major chains in Rock Springs.

Petty4life
03-07-2009, 01:22 AM
.I don't know of any place in either rock springs or green river that rents RV's The sweet dreams inn ,is a good place to stay in green river.It's easy in ,easy out especially if your pulling a boat. They have a decent restaurant and lounge,and a bowling alley. The oak inn is a decent place they also have a 24 hr diner on site. As for the Hampton Inn ,I haven't stayed there,heard it was nice but very pricey. The only real problems that I would have staying at the Hampton in or the oak tree is that they are on the very north end of town. This mean you have to drag your boat all the way through down to get to the gorge.Not much of a problem early in the morning ,but the afternoons will have a lot more traffic to deal with. Rock Springs has many hotels/motels to stay ,a little research and you can find just about all of the major chains in Rock Springs.

I like staying at the Tim's Inn in Green River. Come back from fishing and they have dinner ready for ya. But no mint on the pillowlaugh hyst

Propnut69
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Tim's inn enjoyed having you and Mark staying the night
As for the mint on the pillow,I don't want you to get spoiled.laugh hyst

fishonlynch
03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
oops, I meant to put this motel in wyoming..

Super 8 Motel - Green River 280 W. Flaming Gorge, Green River, WY The Super 8 Motel of Green River welcomes you to South-Western Wyoming. The Super 8 is conveniently located just off I-80 at exit 91. We are just minuets away from Flaming Gorge Reservoir, Western Wyoming Community College, Sweetwater County Events Comple...more