PDA

View Full Version : FG Report 7-13-08

Ryno
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
We saw similiar success that Kokehead (sorry we couldn't hook-up) had last weekend. Fishing was slow in the Canyon around Jarvies for a couple of weeks but it was "game on" again last weekend. We caught limits each morning, before 9am. Our bigger fish were males pushing 20 inches and just over 2lbs. Fish were stacked between 40-65ft, and we did best trolling from 40-55ft at around 2.2mph. Most of the fish came on either a RMT dodger in Hyper plaid or Pink/green, followed by a pink squid or watermelon Serpent spoon. At the suggestion of some friends fishing with me on Friday, I also played with some baits like Power nuggets and Power maggots and scents like Nitro grease. Hard to tell exactly how much it helped but it did seem to make a difference. In my case it's new dog and new tricks. I wore out my son yesterday, reeling in fish, but we can't wait to get back out and boat some more kokes. Surface temps were around 65-69F. Hope it helps, Ryno

Kokehead
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow 2.2 that fast. Thats great that you got into them again. We were going 1.6-1.8 producing the best for us. ya stupid me left your number at home, but I will be up there in the next couple weeks, maybe then???

SKITTER
07-16-2008, 10:30 PM
yeah 2.2 seems fast...talked to some guys this weekend that were trolling at 3. i was like WOW, really??? came over to us while cleaning and asked questions. tried to help without flatout giving away all the tricks but then they said they were on pop gear with out riggers...kinda makes it hard, not impossible but harder

Ryno
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I trolled 1.7-2.0mph from the get go, but I wasn't getting fish. I started doing split "S's" and bam! The fish were hitting on the outside rigs, so I sped up and stayed busy. Even last year, as the summer progressed my trolling speeds went up and I had days where I got fish around 2.5mph.

SKITTER
07-17-2008, 10:46 PM
really...interesting...