PDA

View Full Version : strawberry

jekern1015
07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
launched from aspen grove this morning, trolled the mouth of the narrows only caught one cutt. Went over to the cliffs and didn't catch anything. We then moved over to renegade and did some bait fishing in 26' of water. My buddy pulled out a 22 1/2 inch cut that weighed just under 4 pounds, her gut was full of crawdads. The cutt still had eggs in her.. I managed one rainbow that was about 14". we started trolling again and started catching alot of planter cutts with the downrigger at 30' of water. I was trolling down at 40' and was catching planter bows. The mouth of the canyon that takes you back to the narrows across from the main marina and haws point I nailed a 2 pound koke on a green criplure with a green sling blade. I was in 53' of water with downrigger at 40'. That was the only koke we were able to locate. We went back thru that same spot and didn't even catch a planter. Water temp was 67-69.

JIGGIT
07-14-2008, 02:25 AM
ok guy,s i found them. and they are biting!!! dude you turned away from the fish. strait out from aspen cove draw a line off the point off the west side of the dam. start about 400 yrs off point drawn a line north to the rocky hill to the far north. i caught kokes in 25 early then the 2 hrs before dark in 45 to 60 was killer. with some good cuts mixed in. my brother nailed a 11.9 pound cut on a rapala in the narrows today. also fish are still spawning up the steams big fish. but what seemed weird was some were dieing like kokes doo after spawning. big white spots. i got some close ups of a few great fish in the creek and some dieing fish as well. o hot lures are pink and green apex, wedding ring in pink n green, hot pink koke killer with chip at night out did all others, biggest koke 2.4

Kokehead
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Thats great to hear jiggit. I'll be up there soon. Going to try another kff gathering at the berry in the near future, I'll keep everyone updated.

JIGGIT
07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
great this one i will be at! how many of you guys fish a piece of worm behind a dodger? old guy tatics or what? any of you do this? please share. kenthumbsup

Petty4life
07-14-2008, 05:46 PM
great this one i will be at! how many of you guys fish a piece of worm behind a dodger? old guy tatics or what? any of you do this? please share. kenthumbsup

i fish bare hooks