PDA

View Full Version : gorge july 10-11th

TrophyBoat
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Headed up to the gorge but didn't stay all weekend, had plan changes and wanted to go fish the willard BFT get together. thursday: arrived at anvil at 6pm or so and set up camp, went out and trolled around wildhorse and picked up 5 small kokes before it was time to quit. fair start for an hour or so of fishing.
Friday: started at sunup trolled through anvil north hoping to pick up some of those bigger kokes i have been hearing about, picked up a few small ones untill we hit the channel on the north end of anvil (where it narrows up) and found a good school. caught around 10 fish in that one spot, including a 19" 3.5# koke(cant seem to catch anything bigger so that is a good fish to me) then the girlfriend decided it was time for breakfast and restroom break convienently when we find a good school, so back to camp. Back on water around 10:15 after a good breakfast and short nap. went over to the wildhorse area from the night before and immediatly started marking fish from 45 to 60', it was on, couldn't get all the rods in the water for about an hour and a half, (no gps so i dropped a marker bouy, and trolled cirlces) hooked and lost 2 drag rippin rockets at boat the boat that were damn good fish. The school we were on moved around noon and shortly after it was restroom and lunch time again. Ended up boating 25+ kokes (lost a bunch) and took home a limit ranging from 1-3.5lb fish. Good day fishing but the size quality was on the lower end, maybe i need to sweet talk one of you kokkillers for a gorge trip to show me some tips and techniques to catching more bigger fish..............................!