PDA

View Full Version : triangle lake

nob
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
To early for much of anything,, tried all day for koks and cuts with out even a BITE. I did mark a few nice schools of kokos at about 60ft. and we saw a few jumping but not at my line ,,, oh well the water temp was still under 46 on the top. we even stoped and tried for yellow perch and still no luck... the good thing is the boat ran great for the first time out this year. Then I came home and changed the oil and the rest of the yearly dutys . next week im heading to the umpqua river about 2 mi up from winchester bay for sturgeon and crab. anyway it was a nice day yesterday and you can tell that by the look on my labs mug !!!

Fallriverguy
02-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Have you had luck before at Triangel for Kokanee? I know they are in there, but have only fished it many years ago. If you saw them jumping jigging might be worth a try.

nob
02-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I catch a few every year... funny thing about that lake the only thing that works for me for koks is a sling blade and 24in of leader to a single #8 gama
hook with about a chunk of nightcrawler pinched off above the coller and one inch below . good thing about this the cuts like it also !!!!! for some reason ya cant buy a bite on corn in this lake. the lake has some nice bull heads , bass ,gills ,perch , cuts and the koks run 8 to 13 in.,, the limit s a trout limit of 5 , and you have to watch out for coho smolts they like worms also,,,,

good luck

river hunter
03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
i went there yesterday the 28th of feb. and got a few cutts off the bottom with wormsthumbsup