PDA

View Full Version : Lbc 2-21-09

Fallriverguy
02-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Two of us caught our 5 Kokanee jigging with White/pink Gibbs minnows in less than one hour. We spent the rest of the time fishing for Bull Trout. We each got two small ones between 16 and 19 inches. This time it was foggy and cold. The surface water temperature ranged between 45 and 51 F depending on which part of the lake we were at.

HiTechKoke
02-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey FRG - Tks for the report...Any size to the kokes and I'm curious if they were very deep and whether you cast and jig retrieve or just straight up and down.

Kevin

dunnigan jim
02-22-2009, 10:29 AM
FRG What size Gibbs did you use?? Did you change the hook ?? Did you use corn?? I'm going to be doing alot more jigging this yr. An old timer said thats the only way he use to fish for Kokes. JIM

SuperD
02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
FRG, nice job and thanks for teasing the rest of us.

MackPrince
02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
It's great to see a mid year report from this region.

So far I've only been able to look at my tackle.

Fallriverguy
02-22-2009, 06:12 PM
HTK: The fish are on the small size. We caught one that was 12 inches, the rest are 10.5 to 11 inches. When the warm some more they should start to put some size on fairly quickly. The fish were not very deep. They were schooled up on a drop off in about 70 feet of water. We were only vertical jigging, but a friend caught some that same day working the surface with the same jig.

DJ: I was using a 1/2 oz pink/white with the strip of fish scale tape. I did not change the hook but have in the past because the hooks are low quality. Most of the time they get stuck pretty good and even a dull hook will work. I do, however, sharpen the hooks with a file.

Evidence of the day:

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/LBCkok.jpg