PDA

View Full Version : Grilled kokanee

Trophy Taker
06-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Here is one I have made for a few of guys on this site.

Cleaned and Trimmed Salmon Fillet (Skin on one side)
1 Lemon
1 Cup of Pine Nuts
1 Bottle of California Garlic Medley*
*(you have to get this directley from the butcher at any Albertsons, if they give you grief try another store, they will sell it to you)
1 Bottle of I can't believe its not Butter Spray
Tin foil

Preparation:
Let the pine nuts dry (better do this at home it may take a few days) then crush them into a course powder.

Take the salmon fillet and place it skin side down on tin foil. Now coat the entire "flesh side" with the butter spray, cover the enitre fillet with California Garlic Medley then with the pine nuts (really coat it)
Take Two - 1/8" lemon slices per fillet and lay them on top of the coating, wrap the fillet so it is completely sealed off then poke a few holes in the top with a fork.

Place the foil on the BBQ and let it cook for 30 minutes (your actually steaming it).

Remove and serve.

According to BASSEATER it tastes like "Little angels pooping on your tongue!"

That must be a compliment because he never passes up seconds or goes away hungry.

SeaDog
03-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Actually this is a trout recipe but also fantastic for Kokes.

1 large fresh vine rip tomatoe diced.
1 large Vidalia onion diced
Cup of fresh sweet basil chopped fine
2 garlic cloves chopped fine
The juice of 1 fresh lemon
Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all ingredents together in a bowl.
Stuff the cleaned cavity of Kokanee with mix.
Put each stuffed Kokanee in an open aluminum tray.
Lay 2 strips of Hickory or Apple smoked thick cut bacon on top of Kokanee.
Cook on grill over medium high heat.
When bacon turns crisp, It's Done!!!

Goes well with olive oil seasoned long sliced grilled young zucchini, stick bread, and bottle of your favorite white wine. thumbsup

Best regards,
SeaDog

SuperD
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
This is my general all salmon recipe:

When doing Kokanee or trout fillets, I prefer to leave the skin on one side so that the fillet holds together during cooking. Some prefer to skin the fillet and that is okay too.

1 cup mayonaise
1 Tbsp dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp itallian seasoning

Mix all ingredients until well blended and butter the surface of the fillets. Put the fillets in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. Spray your grill meat/fish/vegie basket with Pam and lay out the fillets in the basket. BBQ over medium low heat for a few minutes on each side. Fish goes well with some fresh grilled asparagus and saffron rice.

Fallriverguy
03-06-2009, 04:35 PM
This is my favorite for grilling Kokanee fillets.

I also like to leave the skin on for BBQing. The ingredients are added to taste so I don't use a set amount. I start by poking the fillet with a fork and then add the following:

soy sauce
garlic powder
lemon pepper
Johny salt (sometimes)

I let this marinate for 30 minutes. The fillets are added to a cold BBQ. The BBQ is then fired-up on high. When the temp reaches 325 I check the fillets to see if they are done.