PDA

View Full Version : green peter ramp 02 18 09

nob
02-20-2009, 12:05 AM
235 low water launch ramp

river hunter
03-01-2009, 12:44 AM
im thinking about hitting green peter tomorrow, im just now gettin the whole idea of kokanee trout fishing ie trolling and such. where is this photo taken at? i really dont know green peter all that well and would like to launch somewhere wheres theres water. i did fish at triangle today and got a few hits bouncing a worm off the bottom and landed one cutthroat

BlackTalon
03-01-2009, 01:35 AM
I will be there tomorrow but won't be much help with ideas as I am new to. If you see me come and say hi, I will be in a black Alumaweld by myself. Or you could call me 503 798-1728.

Evan

Kokonuts
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I havent been to GP Yet! But I am planning on going ASAP!
Please post on the conditions when you go!.....thumbsup

coltonstakecenter
03-01-2009, 08:16 PM
If it hits 50 degrees any day this week I'll be on the Green Pete for the first time. If for nothing else, to practice with the Lowrance and the downrigger.

Lonny

river hunter
03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
was there today, i was in a camo lowe jonny with a yamaha jet on the back and merc. kicker. we launched from the launch in the photo and went out to the main lake hung a left and went up under the bridge near whitcomb cr.county park... we went all the way up to where a creek dumped in and got a few trout. thats about it. the water temp up near the surface was 43 degrees. whats the best way to fish that lake?worthy12 with a downrigger im assuming and marked quite a few fish with the fishfinder at 60-80 feet...

coltonstakecenter
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Temp hit 58 so I went out yesterday. Water was 45.9 degrees. No wind! Got nothing on kokanee set-ups. Went to medium sized pixie with red inlay. Fished near surface. Caught 1 koke 1 rainbow. Both good eating. It was a good day!

river hunter
03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
ill be headed back there this coming sunday..... what lure seems to be good there? super dupers? needfish? what color? do yea add a few peices of corn?

Fallriverguy
03-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I know a guy that does well with either flys or needle fish. He trolls fast (2 mph) and usually catches lots of fish.

river hunter
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
has anyone had any luck at g.p lately?

DLM
03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I was there yesterday in the steady rain but can't report much. I was there to put some break-in hours on a new kicker. With the break-in requirements of changing speed often and not staying at one speed for much time at all I was unable to do much trolling. With the rain conditions I did want to take time away from running the engine to try any jigging.

I did have one very strong hit flatlining a green uv apex behind a green flashlite, but lost the fish on the way in.

Marked a lot of fish, small groups, around 60 feet. Water was 43 degrees. No paved parking left at the winter ramp, either park in the mud or up above.