PDA

View Full Version : Utah Snow

Bduck
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Here we are looking for a hint of warm weather and all we get is snow, snow, and more snow. Flaming Gorge has some open water but alot of snow between here and there. Also, Bear Lake didn't freeze this year. Another chance of getting a boat out. But, you guessed it, snow, snow and more @#$%& snow. Utah has always claimed to have the greatest snow on Earth. Well I guess I could manufacture a set of ski's to go on my boat. I just need to come up with an idea to mortorize it some how because an outdrive will not work. I'm chomping at the bit, ready to go fishing. I'm not big on sitting on top of a lake that is frozen. It would bring out the best of Arthur that is sitting in my joints. Its been a long winter already and no signs of it letting up yet. I spend more time on snow removal than I think sometimes at work. When the snow plows come and clear streets, they pile it up 3-4 feet @ times in your entrance of your driveway. Snow removal never stops. I wish I could be paid for it. Cabin Fever? This is the extent of my fishing report for now. Looking for spring. crymeariver When I lived in Calif, there always was open water to hit up and could enjoy a couple of cold beers to go with it.

SuperD
02-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I've got a little condo at Lake Powell so the more snow you get, hopefully the more water Powell gets. Thanks for helping. thumbsup

Kokehead83
02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm right there with you can winter please be over. I too am from CA and am jonesing for some open water. it looks like another two weeks before the lake around me open to boating. I can't wait!!!!!!!! I've been tieing up riggs like it's going out of style and getting the boat ready.

Ben

Full_Monte
02-17-2009, 07:21 PM
It's too early for winter to be over. We don't have enough precipitation yet to get us out of the prospect of water-rationing. Our reservoirs are way low and they are talking about making it illegal to water our lawns.

Petty4life
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
I just spent 2hrs snow blowing. this las storm dumped a foot of snow in my driveway.crymeariverfencingviolin

Kokaholic
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I have had enough also. I just keep working on the boat. That helps pass the time. This will hopefully help fill our lakes and resivours for sure. Man this snow is so wet!!!!

Bduck
02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Now its nice weather this fine saturday!!! This is teasing me. No soft water.:rolleyes: Have one more shot of anti-freeze.

SuperD
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Now its nice weather this fine saturday!!! This is teasing me. No soft water.:rolleyes: Have one more shot of anti-freeze.

Beautiful here where I am today too but I'm stuck inside working. crymeariver

Bduck
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey,who let this west coast storm in? Its warm and melting the snow. I luv it. Still waiting for ice off but too early. tooexcited