PDA

View Full Version : Newby

Old School
02-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey Everyone. Another CA kid here.

Started koke fishing last year and am pretty much hooked. Pissed it took me so long to discover these fish, but better late than never.

Fish mainly Berryessa, Pardee, and Stampede. Personal best was a 17.75" from Berryessa, and I know you Utah guys must be giggling, but out here that was a nice fish and a great day.

Short term goal: break the 18 inch mark
Long term: GORGE and bigger boat!

Fish Onthumbsup
Old School

MackPrince
02-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Welcome OS!

SilverBullets
02-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Welcome aboard Old School! Looking forward to your reports!thumbsup

Kokonuts
02-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Glad to see you found us! thumbsup

HiTechKoke
02-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey old school...great to have you on board. I spend a good deal of time at Berryessa and 17.75 fish were the bigger class. I got a few in the 18 and was thinking that a 19 or 20 incher would find my lines but there was a limited pool of big fish last year so it didn't happen. Let me know what boat you have so I can keep an eye out for you. I'm in a Blue / Gray Boulton with blue bimini top.

Kevin

Old School
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanx Guys,

HiTech,

Cant wait for berryessa to get going. Right now my 14' klamath has tight quarters, but getting er done. Shes got a side console, stars, and an eight foot net sticking out of her.

Last year the season end was disappointing at Berryessa. I looked at the plant stats. in 2005 nearly double the kokes were put into Berryessa then 2004. Hope those are this years fish and the season is good.

See ya out there,
Old School

wahoohunter
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome Old School

HiTechKoke
02-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanx Guys,

HiTech,

Cant wait for berryessa to get going. Right now my 14' klamath has tight quarters, but getting er done. Shes got a side console, stars, and an eight foot net sticking out of her.

Last year the season end was disappointing at Berryessa. I looked at the plant stats. in 2005 nearly double the kokes were put into Berryessa then 2004. Hope those are this years fish and the season is good.

See ya out there,
Old School

Thanks for the boat info.... I used to fish out of a 14 ft Gregor with wife and young kids 5 years ago so I know about tight quarters. :-)

Actually the numbers you want to view for last years fish are from 2006 plant numbers as those were the 3 year fish that were in limited supply due to overall low plant for that year. The fish are considered one year old at plant due to their accelerated hatchery growth. There can be 4 year fish as well of course but for the most part we catch 3 year olds at our lakes that are maturing out. For this year look to the 2007 plant numbers which are pretty decent but environmental factors and food supply may play a part with lower waters at the reservoirs. Hopefully this rain is going to help things out. Definitely yell at me if you seee me at Berryessa or elsewhere.

Kevin

Bduck
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Welcome Old School. It doesn't matter the waters you fish, but it does matter that you enjoy it.