PDA

View Full Version : new from redding,calif.

RC McKokanee
02-14-2009, 12:12 PM
hello fellow kokanee fishers. i'm new here and looking forward to getting alot of good new information on fishing for my favorite fish. hope to find others here who like whiskeytown lake up here in no. calif.

Petty4life
02-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome aboard RC McKokanee. I'm very happy to get alot of california guys coming over here...thumbsup

HiTechKoke
02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey RC - Good to have you aboard. Last year seemed like a missing year for Kokanee but I was there the previous year for the first time and dropped down there after doing some Shasta fishing and glad we did. It was in early April 07 and we thought it might be too early but we still scored some nice kokanee and learned a lot about the lake.

Kevin

wahoohunter
02-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi RC-Whiskeytown is a beautiful lake. Planning on making it up there this year for sure-now that I have a contact-lol.

SilverBullets
02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome RCmcKokanee! Looking forward to your posts and reports!thumbsup

Bduck
02-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome RC Mckokanee. Whiskey Town Lake is a very nice beautiful setting. I'm from Cal living in Utah. I own a piece of property at the Green Horn Ranch outside of Quincy. I always thought the northern part of Cal was the best part of the state with its beauty and fine fisheries. I might be moving back some day. thumbsup Utah is a very fine state with its own beauty and outstanding fisheries. thumbsup

Full_Monte
02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Welcome, RC!

I'm wondering about the fishing at Whiskeytown vs. the fishing at Shasta. Since you're a local, I'd like to hear your opinion.

twisted lines
02-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Hello and welcome, Whiskeytown is actually down there for me, being on the other side of the boarder, keep reading all I can about it and thinking of hitting it just never seems to get done, Last and only time I have been there was when the dam was being completed...

Kokonuts
02-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Glad to have you! thumbsup