PDA

View Full Version : question on rods

Kokehead
02-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I currently use the lamiglas kokanee rods, I am considering trying out a custom spiral wrapped rod. Has anyone used one? and if so, how do you like it?
Thanks for any feedback.

Petty4life
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I currently use the lamiglas kokanee rods, I am considering trying out a custom spiral wrapped rod. Has anyone used one? and if so, how do you like it?
Thanks for any feedback.

Kelly if you deside to go that route i'd try the vance tackle rods. There is alot of good things about a spiral wrap. I have 2 i use for ice fishing and it helps especial with a bait cast/ trolling reels to take the torque off the twist in the rod.

SilverBullets
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I use the Vance's spiral wrap rod and love it! It's a great kok rod for the downrigger. thumbsup

Kokehead
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Kelly if you deside to go that route i'd try the vance tackle rods. There is alot of good things about a spiral wrap. I have 2 i use for ice fishing and it helps especial with a bait cast/ trolling reels to take the torque off the twist in the rod.

That's the one I'm looking at getting, I am also starting to get into custom rod building myself and need one to get an idea from.

Kokaholic
02-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Sacramento pro tackle sold alot of Vances Rods at the SAC show this year. They are a nice rod. I am sure you will be happy with them.

SuperD
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I can't get used to the spiral wraps. When I put my line in the clip, I slide my hand down the back of the rod until I get to the tip. With the spiral wraps, I'm always getting a hand full of eyes.

Kokaholic
02-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I do the same thing Super D. I never thought about that. That would be a pain in the butt.